Could a multiversal crossover happen one day?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by QLRformer, Mar 27, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Recently came across the TMNT special TURTLES FOREVER (Turtles Forever - TMNTPedia, Turtles Forever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Turtles Forever (TV 2009) - IMDb). Its premise was a crossover between multiverses: Shredder from the 2003 anime series gets his hand on a dimensional machine and decides to remove all the Turtles from all their universes forever and then take over those universes. His nemeses, the 2003 Ninja Turtles, team up with the 1987 cartoon Ninja Turtles and the Mirage Studios Ninja Turtles (the 1984 comic where it all began – its first ever animated form) to defeat him.

It was kind of cool, so it made me wonder: could there be an inter-dimensional crossover TRANSFORMER special one day? Have G1 Autobots/Decepticons interact with their counterparts from the ROBOTS IN DISGUISE verse, the ANIMATED verse, the PRIME verse and maybe even the Bayverse. It would indeed be something incredible to watch.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Technically, they already have. There's the Nexus Axiom stuff in the funpub comics, the Robot Masters line and OVAs, the GI Joe crossover stuff, and this epsiode

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    It already happened? When, please?

4. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    See above.

5. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, already happened in the past Axiom Nexus comics (look em up on TFwiki.net if you missed it).

And in the Dreamwave Armada comic books before THAT if you want to get technical.

...AND this year's Botcon storyline is specifically about intercontinuity war of course.

...AND the Japanese Robot Masters AND Kiss Players lines did it a bunch.

-ZacWilliam, AND there were The Comics and in package fiction from the FIRST Transformers: Universe toyline which was ALSO specifically all about inter-continuity multiverse crossover and combat.

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Oh, and I forgot: most of G1 had appeared in BEAST WARS. Oops.

The BEAST WARS crossover WAS there, but I thought Hasbro would put some effort into an official crossover, like a special as descibed as above and not really a fan-made event. Like a CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS event, so to speak.

Anyway, thank you both of you.

7. ZacWilliam

News Credits:

Everything listed above IS official Hasbro released Transformer stories.

-ZacWilliam, none of it is fanfic. It's as canon as your ninja turtle special and a LOT more comon in TFs.

8. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    That's specifically NOT intercontinuity/universe crossover. That's just time travel within the exact same universe. That's even MORE common in Transformers than Multiverse crossover.

-ZacWilliam, which, as above, is itself VERY common in modern TF fiction.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've had thoughts on this. The greatest opportunity was Transformers Cybertron, since the black hole / Unicron Singularity could easily have been handwaved as the reason for continuities clashing - and it came out in 2005, the 20th anniversary of Transformers' release in Japan. I love what Cybertron turned out to be though, so no criticism of what we got - just observing it was the best shot we ever had.

I know IDW had considered the possibility when they got the license as a way to launch two TF books - Cybertron and their take on G1 - but decided to go with the completely clean launch instead.

At this point, a fan work is the best chance. I worry that a TV show would be too constrained on the characters used, a comic too constrained by being four-six issues long.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Instead of a comic, I always wanted some kind of Direct to DVD movie or TV Special featuring all of the Optimus's, some big bad multiversal bad guy, Vector Prime and the 13 and an accompanying toyline featureing said Optimus's and who ever the newest one would be after Prime.

11. Deltus

Deltus 異種

Still waiting for a Shattered Glass and G1 crossover.

12. ZacWilliam

News Credits:

Ummmm.... Have you payed no attention to Botcon material for this year?

-ZacWilliam, cause that's it and we've already had 4 pages of story...

13. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    This is basically Robot Masters, though your idea is somewhat more comprehensive.

14. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    We could have had one in TFA if it hadn't been cancelled as one of the cancelled episodes was described as a TFA/TFAShattered Glass crossover :banghead: 

15. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

That would be pretty cool (Didn't Alternity have something like that?), although the different animation styles would possibly be cumbersome to adapt to one main aesthetic for the thing. And of course, Peter Cullen and Garry Chalk would need to make sure there's enough variation in their voices to keep the different incarnations they've played from sounding completely alike.