coudl this idea work over time?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 16, 2012.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

in life optimus was the kind of inspirational person and leader that believed in each of his teammates and friends human and autobot ally alike. one that inspired and motivated them to beleive in their selfes and to go beyond thier own personel limitations over time.

when it comes to optimus primes character over the years its quite clear that he is very much the inspirational person at heart in his way as a fighter, as a leader, and as a warrior and philosopher

sure the guy has his self doubts at times and even his fair share of emotional crises's over time but hes always struck me as being the kind of guy tht just seems to be so full of will power, self confidence , and courage, guts and fighting spirit that were he actually human it would literally be oozing out of every single pour of his entie body

his words just always have a way of taking a straight path to your heart over time . to make you genuinely beleive for yourself that you could do anything you put your mind to if you had the determinatio fighting spirit courage guts and self confidence to beleive in yourself and the will power and desire to make the impossible possible through sheer force of will and deetrmination

in death he would become a more powerful being then he had ever been n life

basicly the whole idea would be to use optimus primes death to make the autobots and their human allies even stronger over time.

for each member of the team their personel living memory of optimus prime as the person he was in life would in its way make it possible for optimus to literally live on beyond the grave in optimus prime representing that persons fighting spirit and that persons inner self as well

but with all of this actually being optimus primes living legacy over time

to be honest i could actually see this serious approach to the matter work over time

i could even see the dead optimus prime himself continue to exist in the world for a time in the role of the ghost soldeir slash spritual advisor/guide

assuming the series transformers prime were to explore his death and legacy in a serious long term manner over time.

i think this could really be the best way to go about handling the matter over time

to be honest i believe it would be best to handle the matter in such a serious way that though prime has died in a permanent manner, his character would literally live on through the living memories of his friends and followers both autobot and human alike.

to the point that in each individual member of the team both human and autobot alike optimus primes legacy would be that he literally represents in each of them their own personel fighting spirit

but with the dead optimus primes own spark/soul existing in the lving world in such a way that as a physically disimbodied ghostly being he is literally the teams fighting spirit and guide as a ally of a entirely supernatural nature.

i believe a good example of that role could be found in jaggas character and role from the 80's thundercats series.

but with it being optimus prime himself in the role and continueing to exist in the living world as a ghostly spiritual advisor to his appointed succesor and to his still living friends and allys.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

They CAN'T kill off Optimus Prime permemently. That mistake was learned from the original TFTM movie, or rather post movie when Rodimus proved to be an unpopular leader and the whole emotional trauma of kids seeing one of their biggest heroes die.

So no, your idea is stupid and will not work over time.

3. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    This.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Been watching the original ThunderCats this week?

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Optimus does not like this idea.

[​IMG]

6. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Then I'd second for dead Optimus to be reincarnated as a lion bot. Don't ask why

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like the basic idea - this is how it works in the real world after all, great leaders pass but their deeds, the memory of them inspires others to carry on their work.

I'd certainly like to see this, even if only in the finale of a series like Transformers Prime where Optimus dies at the end, and the ending is a distant epilogue of characters showing how they are keeping Prime's vision going.

As for being a spirit advisor - no, Alpha Trion did it in the Japanese Headmasters, and it was silly back then. The original show handled it a bit better, with the whole "one with the Matrix" thing, but I don't think supernatural and big robots really mix all that well.

Can we call him Victory Leo?

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's cute how you deliberately didn't say his name because you know people have told you to stop doing it, yet it's still abundantly obvious you're proposing a Transformers version of Kamina.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I could kinda go with the idea of an old Optimus Prime taking a more Alpha Trion role in a series. Respected old mentor character passing on his wisdom and experiences of the Great War and could probably still pull a few fight moves out of his ass if needed. Maybe an Emirate Xarron style role?
    No - he must be called Optipuss Prime. :p 

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^

11. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I won't lie, I just Ctrl+Fd.

12. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

no comment folks

13. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

CORRECTION

A YOUNG OPTIMUS PRIME VERSION OF KAMINA

to be honest i feel this is everything that animated optimus prime had the potential to be over time if animated had not ended at season 3 like it did over time

hey if a single human like kamina can do all the things he did in life for himself and can pull of off one last gambit or 2 from beyond the grave for team dai gurren after he died then it ought to be just as easy for a transformer character to do that as well

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think Transformers and the permanent death of Optimus Prime go together well. If he's not back by the end of an episode you know somethings wrong.

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But - and I know this might sound crazy, but bear with me, now - but, BUT -- what IF -- they actually had their own story, instead of just completely copying from one from another cartoon?

16. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    I don't who or what (nor care) Kamina is but this Kamina has been written to "Gambit beyond the grave". If you're comparing Kamina to Optimus becuase they've cheated death then comapre The Doctor or Harry Potter because that has happend to them.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Kill him once shame on you.

Kill him twice.....shame on the whole world.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

You know what, I'm just going to be blunt and point out the obvious, because I'm getting the feeling you need this laid out clearly to understand:

KAMINA IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT GODDAMN CHARACTER IN GURREN LAGANN SIMPLY BECAUSE HE "CHEATED" DEATH LIKE OPTIMUS PRIME.

You are so obsessed with the whole "temporarily back from the grave" thing that you are overlooking the obvious. Namely; Kamina is nothing more than a tool used by the writers to get Simon to grow some balls and be a badass without making him a mary sue.

Yes, Kamina is charismatic and manages to tie together a force of humans to form a resistance to take back the surface. But this is all because he's nothing more than a SUPPORT CHARACTER for Simon. Kamina even says as much, as he is only acting tough and stupidly brave to try and put some confidence into Simon, and comments that he's only alive because Simon's level headed thinking has saved his ass so many times. Furthermore, it's his eventual death that begins the development in Simon to man up and start drilling into just about everything in sight, making explosions so huge that Michael Bay would beg Simon for lessons on how to blow shit up on such an epic scale all the time with nothing but drills.

That is NOT Optimus Prime. With the exception of Animated, Optimus has always been the head honcho of the Autobots, the big boss, the one who always fights for freedom and that kind of stuff, and even in Animated Optimus was a leader who had bright, if naive, ideals of a similar nature. He is the hero of little boys everywhere, the one who can not truly falter from his nature (unless means like memory loss, but that didn't last long) of being the ultimate good guy, and unlike Kamina does not make impulsive, idiotic decisions to try and instil courage into his younger subordinates. What YOU want to do is pretty much recreate the scene from TFTM where Optimus dies and Rodimus (unfortunately) catches the Matrix, eventually becoming Rodimus Prime and the new Autobot Leader. In short, what you're suggesting is making Optimus take the fall s that some other Autobot will eventually SURPASS him, and that just does not work at all since Optimus Prime is litterally in name "the Best First". He is SUPPOSED to be the best Autobot, that's why he's the leader, because none of the others can be the "Simon" to his non-existent "Kamina".

Additionally, it's not Kamina's death alone that led Simon into becoming the most badass successor to Mr. Driller, it's the fact Simon eventually came out of his emo-tastic depression because of the help provided by Nia Tepplin and the rest of the Dai-Gurren crew. You seem to miss that part, and only concentrate on Kamina's death as the sole point at which Simon begins the journey into manhood, and as the utter lack of any Autobot trying to help Rodimus dispel his constant self-doubting about replacing Prime shows, it takes more than a death of a leader to get the actual new head honcho into being ready for the responsibility.

Furthermore, there are implications that Kamina did NOT in fact temporarily rise from the dead in that once scene, which is the entire crux of your argument. If you notice, all the scenes with Kamina after he died are of him bathed in green. Know what else is green? Spiral Power. Know who has that (even though it hasn't even been mentioned yet)? Simon. Plus, since all the members of Team Dai-Gurren were in open communication with each other, don't you think somebody other than Simon would have noticed that Kamina was still talking after getting killed? It's entirely possible that, in reality, Kamina just died, but for Simon he essentially heard what he wanted to hear from Kamina via Spiral Power impersonating him, as immediately after the monkey goes down, so does Kamina.

19. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

This. He is like a father to all of us. Especially those of us who where only around the age of six when he died in the original movie and it scarred us FOR LIFE. Don't make the same mistake. Ever again.

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO KILL OPTIMUS PRIME.