Cost + Shipping

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jestermon, Apr 4, 2011.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I wonder now with the gas and such is asking someone to get you something in this manner outlandish?

If they go to these places daily and aren't going super out of the way.

I know I have done it I believe it was some TF 1 movie stuff from ages ago, since nothing new ever comes to the area I have moved to.

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Asking someone to pick up something for you? No, lots of users participate in that sort of toy hunting. I suggest you go to your location's thread in the sightings forum.

3. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Yes and no. I wouldnt drive somewhere to pick something up for someone I didnt know or like but, there are a ton of people I would do that for though ^^.

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I thought but some people on our sister sites don't understand such things, oh well I am patient I can wait until I find the items I want at a reasonable price.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Just curious, but what sites are considered TFW's "sisters"?

With current gas prices, it's reached the point where it's more convenient to order online. Even with shipping costs you end up spending less on gas than if you went toy hunting to find the same item.

6. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm assuming all the "Network" sites on the top right

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My take is that asking for something at "cost + shipping" is perfectly reasonable if it's a case where the buyer is already going to the store anyway in the course of their travels. They would have spent money on fuel going to the store without your 'order' anyway, so it's not like they're occurring any extra expense. Now, if there's someone who is frequently getting you stuff at "cost + shipping", it would probably be considerate to send them a few extra bucks every so often (unrequested), just as a thank-you.

8. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Personally, I think if someone is going out of the way to help you with a figure you need, be considerate and at least ask them if cost + shipping is fine, or if you need to add a couple more bucks to help with gas. Sure, the person may have been at the store already, BUT you are still saving on your gas and time by having them pick it up. So you're saving your gas money and time spent on it, but that person isn't. They're still taking the time to help you out, so the right thing to do would be asking if they'd like a couple of extra bucks for their time and help.

QFT. I just check for them while I'm out getting groceries or running other errands--I don't make trips to search anymore like I used to back in the day. I keep an eye out for some locals and let them know if I see something and I also look out for a few close friends. But I rarely see anything great and when I have, it's been literally ONE of each new figure. If I need it, I pick it up. If I don't, I pass the info along to my fellow GA collectors in case they might need it. I order when I don't think I'll find something easily or I'll find a bud who has something I need and get them that way.