Cost of Botcon 07?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Bush Terrorize!, May 7, 2007.

1. Bush Terrorize!

Bush Terrorize! Member

a while ago before any prices where up on the botcon page, i was looking back at the prices for general admission with no figures and they were all between 10 and 20 bucks per day. So i was able to talk some friends into going. So i went today to go pick up tix, and they want 155 bucks for non-members. (and i know the deal with buying a membership and then getting the cheaper ticket)

does anyone know why they are so expensive this year?
    i really want to go, and we are all taking our gf's but at that price its going to be hard talking everyone into going.

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is General Admission on Saturday and Sunday, also called "walk-in" price... should be around $10-$15, I believe.

I don't think it provides access to all the panels and stuff, though.

3. Bush Terrorize!

Bush Terrorize! Member

so thats like just walking the floor? and panels you mean? im sorry i never been to one before.

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, the walk in only covers admission to the dealer room for Saturday and Sunday. It does not include any of the panels or other convention activities.

5. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I think it means you don't pay for any admission until you get to the show, and then pay at the door to "walk-in" to the dealer room. I could be wrong but, I believe Walk-in's are allowed to go to the panels and get autographs from the guests, pretty much anything the Pre-reg people can do. Except that the autographs cost extra (you have to buy a ticket for each autograph you intend to get) and the panels are Pre-reg priority, where the walk-ins wait in a line to be let into the panel room after all Pre-reg people have gone in and found a seat and at most times after the panel has already started.

I think thats about it as far as differences between Pre-reg and Walk-in... just expect to wait in a lot of long lines, so get to them EARLY.

6. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Walk ins are allowed to go to all the panels and such. Panels are where they have different guests talk and usually have a question and answer session. For example, they'll typically have a panel of people from the comics, from Hasbro, some voice actors, etc. They're where you get information about the upcoming stuffs :) 

General admission is allowed in, however, if they run out of room, preregistered people get first dibs. I heard that at some of the larger panels last year (Like Peter Cullen and the Hasbro one) that walk-ins only had standing room (no chairs).

7. Bush Terrorize!

Bush Terrorize! Member

thanks guys...
    i just called again and they will have walkin tix available for sat at 10 and sun at 9:30... the operator said they will be around 10 bucks.

thanks for everyones help!