Customs: Corvette Flames

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ServO, Apr 20, 2011.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

Heya team,

I'm on vacation and have decided to build a 1/24th scale 1982 Corvette model styled after G1 Tracks. The kit calls for a blue finish and provides flame decals for the hood and body...however I am in posession of the Reprolables Alt. Tracks sticker set...
    My problem is that I can't decide if I should use the repro set in true Tracks fashion, or go with the "more realistic" flame job provided with the kit, and then adding the autobot insignia to the hood...
    I can't think about it anymore because my brain will explode so I was hoping someone might have an opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Jeff

2. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Will the tracks flame "fit"?

Do you want Tracks or a Corvette with flames?

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

go with the reprolabels. Tracks is flamboyant and wants to be noticed, the kits decals don't say that to me.

Randy!

4. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

er that's why he made this thread haha.

I'd go with the tracks.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Go with the Reprolabels Alt Tracks set. It looks so Geewunny :D 

6. ServO

Thanks you guys!
    From rough estimation, I think the Alternator hood emblem will fit onto the model...if just barely...I've already determined a way to cut it down a bit if necessary. Tomorrow I'm going to start on the frame, interior and engine...hopefully this will look nice next to a "Jazz" Porsche I did earlier...I think I'd like to build some more geewun cars after this.

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Are you doing a reshell of classics Tracks or just the Corvette looking like altmode Tracks?

8. exclusacon

News Credits:
    What I meant, was it will be just a Corvette with Flames, not Tracks with Flames....

He did Jazz, we know that Jazz right away. Now he pick Tracks flames, it will Jazz and Tracks, not Jazz and Corvette, ya dig?

9. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. People buy busts of transformers that don't transform (not to mention revoltechs). Doesn't make them less the character. People slap autobot stickers on their VWs and z300s...doesn't make them less the transformer they represent. So not quite sure what you're getting at. If he puts Tracks stickers on the corvette my first thought would be "Oh cool, it's a Tracks Corevette".

Unless you think the Bumblee edition Camaro transforms haha.

10. exclusacon

News Credits:
    SB, do you understand what I'm getting at?

11. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah I think I got you now.

If it's not the tracks stickers it's just a corvette with flames and not tracks. The tracks stickers are symbolic of tracks. The flame stickers are just flame stickers for the sake of decorating a corvette.

12. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Yeah that what I meant by saying that....

13. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I'd say go all out and use both for the kitbash. I'd put the flames on first, them come over the top like sylvester stallone and use the G1 repro's. Literally hottt.

Those flames always reminded me of corvette summer haha. I thought this car was so cool when I was a kid.

Cut the top off for the t-tops and super detail the interior! I know you have a holo-graphic driver up your sleeve.

Attached Files:

• cs1.jpg
      cs1.jpg
      File size:
      98.1 KB
      Views:
  14. ServO

Ha you guys are hilarious!

I have decided to go with the Tracks style hood flames, and then capitalize on the existing kit decals for detail stuff. This model will not transform into a robot...but that doesn't mean it won't have a trick or two...there's something very unique about Tracks' vehicle mode that I think I will be able to capture quite nicely with this project...I shouldn't say too much, but when its finished I'll post up in the radicons for sure.

Thanks!

Jeff

15. ServO

LOL I have to say I really enjoy the movie Corvette Summer...Mark Hamill was the shit in that movie...
    That Corvette looks like something from Mars.

16. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Hey yknow how Transformers kinda don't have "engines"? You should maybe put a led in the motor, and like a small button cell battery that would look awesome like energon glowing or somethin'. And have a barbie like megan fox hookin up the intake yo. But it might glow thru the hood and look lame tho maybe.

17. ServO

The thought has crossed my mind, the only trouble is that in the show, Tracks hood opens like a traditional car, but in reality, a Stingray's hood opens backwards and hinges near the front of the car...I think I'm already too far along with this kit to go back and prep it for "light leak", not to mention the PITA of rigging the hood to open from the opposite direction. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but I think it's a little more involved with this project than I had intended on getting.
    To get everything I wanted for this kit I am using parts from 3 different 'vette kits. A '67, a '76, and an '82...not to mention some other various greebles I've salvaged from my seemingly endless piles of spare parts.
    Speaking of spare parts, I realized the other day that a person might be waaay into customs if one would find a drawer in thier workshop somewhere labled "Heads".