Digibash: Corsair Idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    My original idea for this was to create a TF that turns into an F4U Corsair, but I ended up deciding on the F-7 Corsair II (it's relatively easier to work with). I think I've found a mold that I'll be able to mod into it, and that's the Classics Jetfire mold.

A-7 Corsair II Side reference:
    [​IMG]

Basic Digibash of my Idea:
    [​IMG]

It's not perfect, and the idea as a whole is still in the early stages, but it's closer (perfection isn't something I'm going for either). The wings, tail fins, and legs would also need modding. The cockpit could also use some additional modding. If I go ahead with this idea, I'll most likely just put the jet-pack and arm cannons in my extra parts bin (might find a use for them during a future project).

What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? Any molds you think could do it better?

Attached Files:

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think its a cool idea for a TF. Hope to see more progress on it. :) 

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks.

Bit of an update. I've been working out the mods for the bot-mode, and have a couple of digi's ready to show. I'm having some difficulty deciding what I should do for the wings in bot-mode, and I've come up with three ideas. The first pic is just the bot itself, without the wings, the second is with the wings rotated around, the third is the wings if they didn't move at all in the transformation, and the fourth one is if I kept how the mold's wings transform already.

I'd go with the second option just because it's the easiest, but it doesn't really fit the character I'm making, and it doesn't look as good. The third option, while harder than the second one, looks kinda odd to me. The first option looks the best, but will be the hardest to make functional and good looking at the same time. Though it does fit the bot I'm making the best, and helps connect him with a couple of other characters. What do you guys think?

For those wondering, the head there is Venksta's design, which is why I'm hoping he does decide to produce and sell the kit. If he does, I'll be buying two of them. One for this, and one for another kitbash.

Attached Files:

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Anybody else have some input on the idea?

:tumbleweed: 

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Have you considered using RotF Ransack as the F4U? I personally have been meaning to round up a handful of Ransacks to try and turn into monoplanes, as it seems like a relatively simple mod.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ransack didn't come to mind, and it would definitely fit the alt-mode, but the mold is too small for what I'm planning to do. I'm trying to get the bot to be larger than the Classics Seekers (even though both the F4U and F-7 are smaller than the F-15). In a perfect situation, I would try and use a large/taller Deluxe, but as far as I can tell, there aren't that many of them, let alone one's that turn into anything that could be modded into a plane.

In the end, all the alt-mode really needs to be is an Earth-made plane/jet of some kind. The SR-71 and a couple bombers have come to mind too. Animated Lugnut came to mind as a mold, but I'm not sure if I could kitbash the animated look out of him (this is going to go on my Classics shelf). The arms would be the easiest, but the major problem would be the head. I might do a kitbash or two to see what I could do to the mold to un-animate it a bit.

Any more ideas/suggestions out there? The more the better.

7. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I've also got plans for an F4U Corsair Transformer. I've got two other designs to complete before I can get started on it, however.