Correct TF2 Soundwave alt mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Michael Dracon, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Michael Dracon

Michael Dracon Operation: Find Allspark!

I was playing a bit with this toy until I found a new set of hinges in the shoulders that I had not seen before. I fiddled with it until I found that this actually works out better than any mode I've put it in so far:

[​IMG]

The only thing I don't like about this is that it reveals the screws in the shoulders.

2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Incorrect. The arms are supposed to be on top near the Ravage missile with the rubbery spikes pointing straight up. Basically, turn the arm assemblies around.

3. Michael Dracon

Uhm, no. This is the result of using those hinges I found. And the arms actually tuck in quite well like this in his arm pits.

Also, the 2 solar panels on the side were made to go down like this. But it never really worked because the shoulders got in the way. With the hinges transformed the shoulders are no longer in the way.

Like I said, this works out better than any other alt mode I've had it in so far.

Edit: And before someone asks, the hinges don't out work in bot mode. I tried. It leaves the arms way to far back onto his back.

4. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Well, do whatever you want, I know I'm using the correct transformation. Fists have to sit on the shoulders, that's what that flat area is for.

5. Michael Dracon

Do you have the transformation manual for him? If so, please scan it ans show us. If not, let's wait until someone does before stating what's official.

6. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transform the thing however you want. Who cares what's correct?

7. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    You obviously haven't read all the hardcore whining about the Audi R8 being "horribly mistransformed"...

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    for robot mode man. we all know what the Audi-bot's alt mode is-an Audi. though his robot mode is still unknown. w/ soundwave, its the opposite-we know what his robot mode looks like from a picture off the side of the Superion box, though we have yet to see his alt. mode. thats the one surrounded in mystery

though congrats if you have it right, and congrats to the OP if he got it right. and congrats to BOTH of you as i sit here crying, waiting for him to hit retail. :cry 

9. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    It's easy (ok, it wasn't THAT easy to figure out) for Soundwave, each indentation on the figure has a purpose in alternate mode. That's how we figured out the proper alt mode. The only thing we don't know yet is how the auxiliairy solar panels should be positionned.

10. lastsonofzod

lastsonofzod Kneel before Zod!

Ebay:
    Ehh.....honestly this Soundwave seems to come from the Gigatron school of transformation. The one that has an alternate mode because they tell you it is :p 

And I'll remind the viewers at home that Hasbro Frequently mistransforms their products...sometimes even in the instructions :p 

The absolute authority on the 'correct' altmode, is whay looks good to you. I personally like the style transformation Orion suggested...but this works too.

11. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    panzerjedi and lastsonofzod have it right.

This thing has so many hinges and balljoints and panels and movable pieces that ultimately the "right" way, is whatever looks best to you, regardless of what the instructions say. A lot of instructions are complete rubbish, no better to use to guide the transformation than they are to wipe your behind with.

In terms of RotF Soundwave, his alt mode is some sort of awesome thing that comes from your imagination!