Corner Gas.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's Preimiering tonight on Superstation WGN,Is anyoine gonna watch it,It's about a gas station in Saskatchewan starring Brent Butt,Fred Ewanick and Nancy Robertson.It's a good show,It's been in Canada for about 3 years soo enjoy.

2. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

I used to watch it all the time though my interest in TV has generally waned so I haven't seen it for a while. I caught an episode last night for the first time in ages and was pleasantly surprised to find it was still really funny. It's probably the only Canadian sitcom that ever got it right. Any show that can actually get two Prime Ministers to make a guest appearance is pretty remarkable.

I think my fave guest spot was a few seasons back when Brent and Hank were putting together a band. They kicked the Tragically Hip out of their garage so they could practise. Heh.

I love this country.

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Hey, why do all the Canadian shows that go on to air in the States made Canadians look like a bunch of small-town friendly folk?

I'm not saying it's the WORST stereotype to have, I'm just wondering.

4. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

It makes us look non-threatening to Americans that way. Keeps their guard down for when invade the US, annex Starbucks and put a Tim Horton's on every corner.

Seriously though, aren't most Canadian shows that catch on in the US made for Canadians first and foremost? I know The Red Green Show is big in some of the northern states but it went to the Canadian markets first. The question should be, why do Canadians see themselves as bunch of small-town friendly folk?

I still love this country. :) 

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I just started to watch corner gas and think that it is pretty funny...for a canadian made show.

I think that while there is a lot of canadian content, most people in small cities, in the states, can appreciate it.