Coriloanus (2012)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gordon_4, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Ralph Fiennes stars in this modernised adaptation of Shakespeare's play about Roman general, Caius Martius, who is betrayed by his political opponents and exiled from Rome.

Coriolanus - Official UK Trailer - YouTube

The modern day update appears to have done more than change out Swords for M-16 rilfes; the above trailer shows some action scenes that look to be utterly visceral and pulse pounding: the knife fight between Caius and his sworn enemy Aufidius (Gerrard Butler) looks epic.

And in the hands of a talented bunch of actors, the dialogue (again in the trailer at least) comes across as thunderous and passionate instead of old and stilted. Belgrade, Serbia provides the filming location which adds some astonishing versimiltude to the sort world the movie takes place in.

I've also got a more juvenile reason for looking forward to this: what with a favoured catch cry of some fans of the Michael Bay Transformers movies asking us 'what do we want from an action movie, Shakespeare?'. Well, lets see what what happens when you adapt one of the bloodiest plays from the Bard's pen into an action movie.

I also expect a meme or two to arise from the line "MAKE YOU A SWORD, OF ME!", just a hunch.

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Mathematical!

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ooooooh! looks very promising!

On a side note, when i was browsing the forum, for some reason i read "Gorilla Anus" as the title... Im glad i was wrong :lol