Corey Burton on Shout! box set extras

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by iconscons, Aug 30, 2009.

1. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is in the wrong place, if so I apologize.

For those of you who got the Shout! matrix box set, there is an interview with 8 voice actors with Corey Burton being one of them. However other than the introduction he says literally nothing, and is intentionally cut out of almost every shot (he's on the end).

Anyone know anything about it? It's so strange I wonder if he did say things, but perhaps it was edited out. I can't understand why they wouldn't show him in the group shot.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I was wondering the exact same thing.

And it's such a shame too.

3. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

So wait, who are the 8 voice actors that are being interviewed ???
    Can you give us a full list ?

4. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

1) Arthur Burghardt (Devastator)
    2) Neil Ross (Springer)
    3) Jack Angel (Ultra Magnus)
    4) Frank Welker
    5) Michael Bell
    6) Gregg Berger (Grimlock)
    7) Dick Gautier (Rodimus Prime)
    8) Corey Burton (Spike, Shockwave)

And again, remember that Corey Burton is introduced with everyone, and then is never shown to speak, and is cropped out of every shot (he can be cropped because he sits at the end of the line). He is shown at least once (perhaps more) by accident when, for instance, Gautier is talking.

I have no evidence this omission of Burton is intentional, but if you see it, it's hard to think it's accidental. Especially when they pan back to show 7 people.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I haven't ordered my box set yet, so I haven't seen this.

You could start a thread on Shout Factory's forum or send them an e-mail inquiry. You could also ask Corey himself by way of his message board on CoreyBurton.com.

It is very curious that the footage would be edited that way. However, it does fit with Corey's personality. I had the opportunity to meet and have dinner with Corey near Burbank back in 2003 (I have a pic of me with him here), and Corey told me he enjoys a quiet life of anonymity, rarely does public appearances, and is generally camera-shy although he won't deny a request for a photo from a fan when he meets them.

But once you get to know him, he's a really chatty guy an loves to talk about his work and the people he's worked with.

My only guess why he would have been edited from the footage was because he had to leave after taping started due to a personal emergency. What I find more odd is that you say Shout edited him from the video yet they mentioned Corey's name as participating in the roundtable discussion in their press materials and he's currently mentioned on the matrix box set site too.

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's a damn shame - Corey Burton's one of the most eloquent, ethusiastic actors I've ever heard talk about their work. I would have loved to hear him in this. Ah well...

7. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

According to the list above, I may purchase the Matrix box set.
    It is a shame that Burton was left out!

Agreed!