Copying a Demo off of a PS3?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by yodafett, Aug 7, 2009.

1. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Is it possible to copy a Demo from one PS3 to another? (non-Linux modified, standard OS with updates). I want to spend some time with the Burnout Paradise Demo to "take it for a spin" before I buy it, but it's not up on PSN anymore, and I don't want to spend a lot of time at the in-laws on my brother in law's PS3 to play it. Is there a (reasonably) simple way to copy it to a USB drive or something then copy it into mine? Again, this is only for a Demo, not for pirating purposes, just to be clear.

2. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Trust me. The game is worth $20 bucks. That's how much it is brand new now. I haven't had more with a driving game since the first couple Need For Speeds when they came out along time ago.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is my suggestion, and it may not work. See if your brother in law will let you log into PSN from your PS3. Go into the store with his account and then go to Download History. See if the demo is there (sometimes they are sill there, just not alluded to in the store) and try downloading it. You don't need to be logged on as him once you start the download. Nor do you need to be on as him to play.

4. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    It certainly looks like it is, but if I get it, I'll opt for the Ultimate Box, which is $30. Only catch is we just found out we're expecting (shhh! it's a secret still) and are pinching every penny we can, because the wife isn't on insurance yet *facepalm* So I want to make 150% sure I'll enjoy the heck out of the game first.

Excellent notion! Are demos installed under any user available to all users, or just that person? Or can I sign into the PS3 as myself and have him sign into PSN with different credentials? (I have auto-sign-in enabled to not mess with it)

5. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Downloads, demos etc. are available to every user on the PS3. All that matters is that you get your brother-in-law to download the demo from his download list. It shouldn't matter who installs it.