"Coping with having read spoilers" anonymous

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tehKOREANdude, May 8, 2011.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    Hi. My name is tehKOREANdude. And I think I went through some kind of breakthrough. I'm no longer sad about having read those spoilers.

*applause*

anyways, onto my real deal. I've been pretty disappointed about having read those spoilers. when rotf spoilers were coming out left and right, it had no impact on me, due to the shallowness of them and the story itself. however, when we got those amazon spoilers, i was kicking myself all over, as dotm had a legitimately interesting story, with a good twist to boot.

that being said, i've been thinking of ways to overcome this sadness. see, in a world where those spoilers were not released, i probably would have ended up reading the comic anyways. However, reading the comic in its entirety would not have spoiled the movie for me. I would have read the story and read the twists in their entirety, in the scope and context of a good story telling medium. it's be just like the movie experience. reading the comic, to me, is not like reading spoilers.

so, in my efforts to get over the relatively minor fiasco that was the amazon spoiler release, i've decided to do the following:

1) read the DOTM comic release when it comes out. As the story is already revealed, I'll have no qualms about reading it in its entirety, as it was meant to be read.

2) having read the comic release, I might still be sad about the fact that i won't be pissing my pants in the movie theater. However, reading it may pump me up for the visual aspect of the movie, as I'll now know which fight scenes to look forward to, and have a cool idea of what the characters will be and look like.

3) I'll watch the movie, appreciating and being blown away by the visuals. the story, i might be able to appreciate more after having been pumped for it, and seeing it come to life with cool voice acting and special effects.

basically, i'll try to overcome spoiler sadness by embracing it, and pumping myself up for other aspects of the movie besides the story.

2. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do it.

Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Agreed. Where's the like button when you need it?

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I call for TFW2005 to have a like button!

5. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

Spoilers or not, still I cannot wait. On paper this film looks fantastic

6. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Yes indeed. That's what we should have gotten all along but to try and beat the strike, they made a mess with ROTF, even though I still liked it as much as the first movie.

7. Browns2212

Browns2212 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^This.

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Yeah, and cances are some scenes/dialogue will be played with during editing, so we'll still have some fun watching. And the fight scenes, those are always so much better on-screen!

9. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    no matter how much the comic book shows, the movie is always a much grander experience. i'm looking forward to being visually awed as i was with the first and second film.

with the first movie, all the tickets had sold out, so i consoled myself at the book store with the comic adaptation. even after reading the comic, the movie was still a phenomenal experience. i'm thinking it'll be the same way this time around

10. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

I like you fella. I'm taking you out for ice cream.

11. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    gasp! hooray!

12. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I don't know about you guys, but since there are missing pages, and stuff gets leaked everyday, I think I'm gonna stay out of the movie forums until I see the movie. I don't know if certain charcters wind up dead, the comic doesn't specify everything, so I think I'll just keep myself from being spoiled any further.

13. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

You could spoil anything for me I just see the film for the action.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Reading spoilers has never really bothered me, tbh. I find that reading about something and actually seeing it, are two vastly different experiences. It's why even though I've read the Harry Potter books, already knowing the story before hand, going to see the movies is still a thrilling experience.

15. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    I don't mind it being a spoiler, but I do mind what that Spoiler is. I'm not sure If I'm going to like it when the movie happens.
    Really, I think it will be a good movie. And no worries, I'll have youknowwho's toy so he can not do youknowwhat.

16. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    Speaking of the toys.
    I'm glad I read the spoilers so I don't bother purchasing said toy. I would be pissed after seeing the movie and see it standing with it's so called friends.

17. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

The spoilers weren't necessary since you didn't say the faction or the character in question.

18. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    I just didn't want to tick anyone off. It comes close to giving stuff away. I have seen how testy people can get on these boards.

19. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    yeah, it helped me prioritize a bit. i'm now fine with
    previously thought big bads only getting voyagers, because i want them to be smaller than actual big bad.

20. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I think it's funny when people see this and can't help themselves from seeing what's underneath them :D