Coolness in small package

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Altimus Prime, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Movie Leader Optimus is too big and pricey; Voyager has a sloppy backpack... what's a Prime lover to do?

I just found out - Legends class!

Stopped at a TRU - which had the most impressive TF movie display I've seen yet - and it was the first time I saw the Legends. I think Prime is excellent for the size. Not all one color, has some nice variation in color - dark blue and red, silver and black - even the flames on the cab. Robot mode looks good, and the cab mode is perfect.

None of the others looked as good to me as this. What's with Jazz having two front ends??? :lol : Still, interested in hearing thoughts on the others.

So when it comes to movie Prime, I have this and a Titanium. The Titanium scores better for its metal/weight and detail, but Legends transforms and has a great truck mode.

Let's hear it for the little guys! :) 

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I have Legends Barricade and Jazz, and I gotta say: Wow, Barricade is extremely impresive! Jazz is cool too (Leader Meg's punching bag!) with a nice 'bot and car mode. Barricade is AMAZING! How were they able to make him so accurate (and poseable)? This makes me really want the deluxe version. (word is, he's the best deluxe car evar!) Barricade is 11/10! Super highly recommended! Jazz is 9/10 highly recommended!

On the Leader Prime note, he may be big and Pricey, but he's totaly worth it! He's in scale with Deluxe Jazz and the two Voyager Autobots, his transformation is awesomly clever and complex (not difficult, just really clever). Even if you don't buy him right away,make sure you do eventually!

3. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

That's one thing I've never understood is why people go nuts over the Legends line.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    tiny transformers are awesome.

tiny versions of popular characters are even more awesome.

5. theone74

theone74 Banned

pics?

6. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Tiny Transformers for a tiny price that make great displays for your desk.

7. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

They're way overpriced. I mean for a dollar more you can get a Real Gear this week at Target. And even after the sale, it's still only 2 bucks more. And even still 10 dollars buys a deluxe or a FABolous. I never understood the pricing on those things, 5 bucks for essentially a micromaster? And one at that.

8. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To be a bit fair, Hasbro's MSRP for them is $3.99. It's just that no one -- except HTS -- actually charges that for them.

(Which is why I just ordered Legends OP & Megs -- along with a replacement for my defective Voyager Blackout -- from HTS.)

9. Altimus Prime

Agreed. I've got my Legends Prime in truck mode sitting next to my Titanium movie Prime. They compliment each other well. And they're the only movie Primes I have, and may ever have.

I may check out Barricade. He did look very accurate, especially for the size. His deluxe version is one of three cars I bought - BB, him and Jazz - and I think all three are great.

As for Megatron - his robot mode here didn't impress me, and his so-called "jet" mode doesn't seem any better than any other version.

10. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    EDIT: Wow. Nevermind. Brain malfunction.

You should. Best of all the Movie Legends in both modes. :thumb 

11. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

avoid rachet. no matter the cost. but the others are worth picking up, and are good inbetween exams figures. barricade will rock anyones socks.

12. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

But I like Ratchet... Eh, I have lower standards, I guess.

13. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

i like the legends ones two im probably going to get barricade on the weekend, i don't think prime is out yet and yes they are kinda pricey(6 bucks) but there cool.

14. Altimus Prime

I have Legends Prime. So he must be out. Got him at a TRU. He was least in number, maybe two or three, but he was there.

15. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

i just got barricade walmart has some more voyager and on leader prime in the lego section but still a crappy selection, the super store had more. barricade is cool but the back pegs are kinda loose and his feet don't fit that well under the lights but hey thats normal for the legends. and also he has the autobot simble on the box but i heard thats common.

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I have LOC Ratchet grappling with Voyager Blackout on my shelf.
    He is awesome.

17. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Wait, real gear stuff is only 5.99 this week? There were no signs when I went there this morning.

18. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

It ended yesterday.

19. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I got Legends 'Bee and I like it... I shoulda got Barricade and Megs (They didn't have Prime), but I couldn't bring myself to spend more money.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I've never really been able to get into the whole Legends thing...I have a few of them and they're alright, but nothing near as cool as the big guy IMO. That said, I'll probably pick up Barricade eventually...I've seen all of them and he's the only one that looks remotely good to me.