coolest tfa activator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mat`amit, Aug 3, 2008.

1. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    which is the coolest, most satisfiying activator transformation there is right now? i plan on buying one just to see how it works. since i'm only buying one i'd like it to be the best...suggestions please

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I heard Starscream is good and is actually comparable with the Voyager

3. Nagaoka

Nagaoka Well-Known Member

I only have Bumblebee right now and man, he is amazing. I'm absolutely floored by how much articulation is in him. It's even better than the deluxe. I'm willing to be the others are similar though. I just wanted to put in a good word for him though.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SS and BB are great, but Bulkhead is crap.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Starscream. Bumblebee is great, but Screamer is better.
    DN

6. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Starscream

7. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I REALLY love Activators Bbee...even more than the deluxe. I put a coat of paint on the hands, since he has black palms anyways, and put a nice inkwash around the fingers, now you can really tell he has hands, not just yellow flippers.

The articulation, paint, and even the gimmick are just awesome. I'm surprised that more people haven't realized how similar Activators Bbee is to the G1 version... simple, cute, effective! (And much closer to scale with the other Deluxes...)

The others, I think I can safely live without, but bee is a must. Plus we're getting a Cliffjumper soon too, which will be fun to have them side by side...

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper. Robo-Quagmire ftw.

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Just have screamer and bee. Both are fantastic.

But you should get starscream since were also getting thundercracker and I believe I heard a rumor of ramjet being the thrid repaint. From the mold standpoint. It actually has the null ray cannons and is very easy to get some cool poses, and the nosecone also automorphs as you lock things for the activator gimmick.
    (Skywarp is being repainted from the voyager if your wondering.)

activators Bulkhead from what I've seen and heard of the activator has three problems.

1. He's backheavy and the feet barely support him
    2. The activator connector is'nt as intuitive as the others.
    3. Is very hollow. You can see through his chest.

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I have starscream, and he=WIN×2! Articulation is all balljoint, the null rays are much more show acurate, and he will go nice with activators thundercracker, and the rumored ramjet.

I'm not getting BB, I hate the way his arms were done. I do plan on getting Bulky though.

Oh, the two things I hate about SS are:
    1. The hands stick out in his jet mode, but this doesn't bother me too much, and:
    2.They used the movie faction symbols on him! I never liked the movie symbols.

11. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have BB, hes really well made, the plastic feels more oldskool and the sculpt is really neat, theres no rough edges like with he universe deluxes, funnily enough though BH looks a bit 'rougher' from what ive seen in packages.

12. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is easily my favorite. I have him close at hand most of the time because he's such awesome hand-candy. I also painted the hands and wrist sections black which helps the overall aesthetic quite a bit.

Starscream is pretty fantastic too, and I like him far more than the Voyager version in terms of sculpt, articulation, and build. If they would have just up-scaled this version to Voyager size I would have been happy.

Bulkhead, as everyone has said, is unfortunately pretty aweful. Alt mode looks bad with the fake wheel in the middle (would it have cost that much more to just put another moving wheel there?) and bot mode is an ugly mess that doesn't hold together and has big gaping holes everywhere.