Coolest beach experience YET!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jet convoy, Jul 24, 2006.

1. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

So yesterday I went to the beach, which I love because ever since as far as I can remember I have been fascinated by the ocean, especially sharks. As some of you may or may not know I was born in Cuba and went to the beach very frequently. However, probably because I never ventured too far out I only saw the little fishes, the occasional crab, and I once saw one of these:

[​IMG]

Then after coming to live over here in Miami, atfer about 5 years of only going to pools, I finally started going to the beach about two years ago. I always ventured out with my diving mask but nothing. Until last year, I finally came across something. A stingray:

[​IMG]

Not that type. but yes a stingray. I'll never forget it because it was something I had always dreamt to see in the wild. Then yesterday, I saw this weird ass fish, which I had never seen anywhere. It was swimming amongst algae and it was colored like the sand, and had these strange crab-like legs in each side of its head. I was hoping one of you might know what it was. Weirdest thing I've seen.

Then I came across TWO stingrays, the second one scared the crap out of me because it suddenly darted between me and the one I was following. Always mindful of the venemous tail, I kept tracking it, however, I lost it amongst all this algae and marine plants. I was gonna look for it, but I didn't like how it got dark due to the plants and how I was kinda all alone. I turn to my right cause I FELT I was not alone after all, and lo and behold, there's a FUCKING BARRACUDA looking right at me no more than 2-3 feet from me.

[​IMG]

Strangely, I wasn't scared, but rather startled that the damn thing would be so close to the shore. I inmediately trashed my arms around to retreat and it instantly swam away from me. I then quickly swam several feet away from the spot where I had found it because well I don't know much about barracudas and I don't trust them. It wasn't that big so it was probably a juvenile barracuda looking for food or something. Didn't find anything else after that though, but this was surely a very rewarding experience. Don't know if you guys are in the least bit interested by this but hey, just thought I'd tell y'all. :p 

I've got this annoying sunburn in my back however. Probably because of how my back was always towards the sun as I was exploring. :lol 

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Man, I thought you were gonna post pics of hot girls at Miami beach. I miss those hot girls walking around South Beach. I miss Opium too :( 

3. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I love both the oceans. I have very distinct memories of every time I've ever been, all the way back to when I was incredibly young. My mother was born out east, so I probably get it from her.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ooooh Barracuda.. barra-barra-cuuuda

6. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Cool. I've never seena live manta. When I was a kid, even though I knew they were harmless, I was always afraid of happening upon one.

Dude, I found all these animals, in waist deep water. See, all you need is a good diving mask and find yourself a place in the beach with some form of vegetation. To find ityou might need to venture out a bit, but you know, be careful of what you find. I can't wait to find a shark (and not be bitten/killed by it.). Think I'd rather encounter a more docile one first.