Cool Non-Transformer Robot Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by GogDog, Jun 6, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Ideon is cool because it's all integrated, no need for spare parts or fists or anything to complete the robot or the alternate mode, it's all there. I thought the shoulder covers needed to be removed for transformation but it's not the case, they just fold down under the tank/jet in alternate mode. Transformation is really cool, a lot of panels to flip and parts to move. Greet engineering and the whole thing is very sturdy and poseable.

I might be tempted to buy Combattler V, Voltes V and Zambot 3 again, but they're nowhere near as nice as Ideon. Gunbuster and Dancougar (and Iron Gear) are definitely next in line.

PS : Great Goldran is by far my favorite Brave DX combiner. The gold chrome is just awesome.

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Is the Soul SPEC SOC of Eva-01 worth the price? I might get it for my b-day.

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
  4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Here's my Brave Revival 05 Great Goldran:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also one of the my favourite brave is Pegasus Saber:

[​IMG]

As one can see, Great Goldran doesnt like his pictures taken.

Also on your CMs Gaogaigar question, They are ok as display pieces but definitely not to play with. Especially Genesic Gaogaigar. His got many small pieces (like the fin on Broken and Protect Gaos) that are known to break if not handled correctly. Get them at your own risk.

5. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here is a review I found on collectiondx for the Spec soc eva. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/1572

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    My eyes... the goggles.. they do nothing! <eyeballs explode from the shininess>

Hmm. I don't really "play" with figures (least of all the $200 ones :p ), and as long as it can stand up straight without nosediving off a shelf and exploding into thousands of pieces, I'm usually happy. Still, that GGGG looks so nice...

Must resist... for now...

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Thanks, even though I've seen it before. I think I'll pass and get the Rebuild version instead.

8. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    GGGG is known to do the splits. ;) 

9. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Now that is sad :( 

I need to cover one of my display shelves in something soft and tractionable for all the gravitationally-challenged-yet-horribly-expensive pieces I have.

10. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    You might want to look into this stuff. I personally haven't used it but the next time you are at the hardware store, check it out.

11. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Always had a soft spot for pretty much all of the mecha from Macross (and, really, Robotech in general). Definitely some of the more Transformer-y Brave stuff (ie stuff that is closer to the general Transformers asthetic). I'll buy a Gundam occasionally if it strikes me as really neat or especially goofy. Never got into Zoids or Mugenbine, for fear of not being able to free myself from the obsession that either would likely generate within me. But, in the long run, any neat looking robot can find a place on my shelves.

12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great list of toys. I was going to mention the braves and some of the revoltechs, but no need to beat a dead horse (J-Decker's my favorite, and Super Build Tiger's all kinds of awesome :D ) I'll add my 2 cents.

Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad! Servo's decent on its own, but Drago and Zenon are great! I love Drago, unfortunately I've had the same one since I was a kid and its seen better days:( 

Web Diver: Only have Gradion but i really like it. mine doesn't have the cables to play the video game, but its a cool bot on its own

13. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I haven't been able to find any record anywhere on the internet of what this actually is and who makes it. I am, however, strangely compelled to find out and buy it, assuming it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Help pureese?

14. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Seems like a set of candy toys. Best bet is to get it from yahoo jp auctions.

15. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Looks like it's all the Keroro Gunsou Candy toys combined.

16. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

Aside from TFs (in terms or robots), I also love: Robotech mecha, Zoids, Masterpiece Voltron's nice, Yamato VFs, Bandai VFs.
    don't like Gundams 'cause of the build it yourself-ness with cement.

17. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    This is where I got mine.
    http://www.toy-wave.com/eng/detail.php?id=9061&keyword=keroro
    It's very cheap ($22.00) for such a cool set and Toy-Wave is fantastic all around to deal with. Be warned though, they are based in HK so the shipping cost is higher. It's really fast though, or it was for me. I think only one week or less went by between ordering and receiving the item.

And yes, they are technically 'candy toys'. I say technically because they aren't what you might think of as a candy toy since they are pretty big and have lots of pieces. The only thing that makes them a candy toy is that each set comes with one tiny piece of individually wrapped gum, which I originally thought was a moisture tab until I broke it open under my nose. :) 

Also, many of the details you see such as the computer screens and things like that are actually stickers you have to apply. They're quality stickers though. Major details like the mini figures, the details on the giant combined Kerorobot and the little claw-buggy thing are painted or molded in the right color.

And again, this is similar to a model kit in the way you have to assemble it, but the finished product is definately a 'toy' and not a model, meaning it's made to play with.

18. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Oh, and it's made by Ban-Dai by the way.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yikes! These are indeed candy toys! One of my import retailers is selling them...too bad I live in Asia dude, if not I would help ya!

Anyway, I would recommend Maxfactory Votoms! They'r made of tough PVC plastic (I think), good sculpt and are very articulated!

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, I just had to ask you this but do you have pixs how to store the Ideon's fist when he's in vehicle mode? I can't seem to "squeeze" the fists in.

Next question....how do you fold in the shoulder covers in tank mode?