cool mod i (we) thought of

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    frenzy
    I hate jazz's arms and hands.

rumble
    so I'm doing a commission of smokescreen for a fellow board member, and got to thinking, besides swapping out the head, how can I REALLY make Jazz into smokescreen, or at least, make him look like a whole new TF. I was playing around, and thought this might be a cool way to modify Jazz's arms/hards into something unique. Basically, the part of the wheelwell which would normally flip up onto the wheel, I leave extended, this is now his forearm, a little short...So I take part of another part's forearm (with hand) and slide it securly over the part. The parts which normally form Jazz's forearms, I flip towards the back.
    Although I don't have an actual picture, I wanted to share this idea, and get some feedback.

[​IMG]

2. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    While it sounds doable, lots of folks complain about part-formers. What about separating the hood bit from the headlight portion and leaving it up on the hood, covering the empty black area over the chest? The hood would have to be cut and connected to the windshield to allow for transformation, but eh.

After that, rework the headlights so they rest on a balljoint. They'll be able to rotate around and the peg holes will allow the gun to be held in its upright position. The main issue with this setup is that the forearms will lack detail, and to add anything you would either have to lower/trim the wheels or raise the headlight section.

3. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks promising. Seems like a fine idea to me. I could care less if it's a part former. No rules in customs. Go for it and have fun.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Find a way to do it WITHOUT being a partsformer and you will have created something truly unique.

Partsformers are a dime-a-dozen, I don't think anybody has yet figured out a permanent way to fix his arms.

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What MMM said do it right and it will be awesome.

6. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Did the commissioner pay you for the work yet as i have yet to receive any info on it, other than the impression he gave me by saying that anyone who does this will get paid, which means we gotta do all the work first without any payment up front? I dont know whats going on...

Anyway i cant quite understand what you are trying to do but judging from your pic i dont like the way it looks. For one Jazz's arms and hands look nothing like the example you showed us since he has claw-like hands and not the typical boxy robotic/human hands that TF's of an older generation had. If you could make the forearm and hands look accurate though, then that will demand some respect even from me.

Good "luck" as they say. (i used quotation marks as i don't believe in luck so its rather silly of me to wish someone good luck but i figured i might as well for once since others believe in luck. :p )

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I kinda like partformers. mostly cuz my first bash was one. but its all personal preference and i my self have moved away from it.

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    frenzy
    well, to be honest, the commissioner Nemesis Prime, I believe, told me his situation, & I am trusting his word. I even have a sort of 'written obligation' so to say...worse case scenario, I end up with a knockout smokescreen for ebay, either way, I don't think I'm in trouble.

rumble
    sonray....this is for a jazz figure, so why would I want the hands...to look like jazz's??!?

9. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    A little off topic, but WTF is going on with the double color posting thing? Are you two people on one account, or are you trying to be cute?

Either way, it's very distracting.

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    frenzy:you don't like it? I've already gotten several complients on it. It's 1 person, 2 opinions.

rumble:it's less distracting than a 400x400 pixel signature :throw 

11. Rumble02

i thinks its obnoxious.

12. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's different and there is nothing wrong with that, I think it fits Frenzy_Rumble well and as long as there is no rule breaking then I actually look forward to his two opinions. Better than a whole bunch of negative ones all the time. BI-Polar FTW!!!

13. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Why? For accuracy....

You cant put a boxy, human/robot arm and hand unit on a movie toy like jazz, it will look so off. You need to use some doc-ock claws or something to keep it looking semi-accurate.

And i cant trust that guys word (simply because he is a total stranger, no offense to him or anything like that), as i need a figure to work with and money for materials up front, i cant afford to go out and buy a jazz and materials with my own money, thats why most people ask for half up front.

Oh well, least you no longer have to worry about my project coming out better than yours huh? :p 

DISCLAIMER: The above comment was meant for humorous purposes only. It was not intended to harm nor offend anyone and should not be taken as bait or a source to start a flame war. I did not hurt any animals making that comment.

14. SonRay

SonRay Banned

:popcorn 

15. Rumble02

i just about feel off the floor.

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    NM

17. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, complients. But did you get compliments? ;) 

And one person, two opinions is known commonly as bi-polar disorder.

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    whatever. or i could just critisism and derail the thread, right?
    jeez, you people need to ease up. It gets boring around here listenting to who thinks they know it all.

anyway, I decided to go with flip down gundam fists. they fit the mold perfectly.

19. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    do you have any pictures of the fists? I did not know they made that small of Gundam figures.

20. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know jack about gundums offhand, and it's all at home, but the model was the super small one...similar to a storm tropper's armor, all white. If i could find a site w/ gundums, I could point it out.

basically, I cut off the jazz hands up to the wrists, then drilled some threaded rod into the wrist, then the same for the fist, so that it can turn. (because this isn't jazz anymore)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.