Cool idea?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I put the question mark because I'm not sure how people are going to react to this....

What if WfC multiplayer has a mode or a general rule where teams get combos/killstreaks/complete a special task, they unlock the ability to call in Omega Supreme or Trypticon to help fight for 60 seconds.

The other team would have to focus their fire on the big guys or just focus on avoiding their attacks.

Would this be a fun idea?

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Not really. Judgeing by their capabilitys in the trailers to vaporize anything.
    They would be really broken in multiplayer as a tactical nuke.

Plus there is the factionallized nature of trypticon and omega supreme.
    They can't just appear on the map like the big daddy suits from bio shock 2's multiplayer.

I could see it working if it was a one on one multiplayer game. Omega Supreme vs Trypticon as you tear up the cities of cybertron.

Even if they are just bosses in the single player compaign like the armada games tidal wave. The con campaign fighting omega and the bot campaign fighting trypticon. I think that is fair to their legendary scale.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I completely agree with this. The idea is interesting, but based on what we've seen so far, it would be far too overpowered.

4. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

Hrmm...
    I'm thinking about this in a Modern Warfare 2 kind of way...
    You get killstreaks, you get rewards like seeing the enemy players and getting arial assaults. In MW2 the highest thing you can get is a nuke. It kills a lot of players but it doesn't decide the fate of the game.
    I would be all for this, maybe make them real slow moving and a bit easier to avoid? Or when deployed, have them in an area where they have to stay inside a certain boundary?

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    60-seconds is actually a very long time:eek: 

Imagine playing a game like Street Fighter, and having the ability to use your super special attack an unlimited amount of times during the first/last 60-seconds of the round without pause:eek: 

Omega Supreme's sweeping special would seem unfair and quite broken when compared to Trypticon's concentrated blast attack. Omega Supreme seeping the screen over and over again while he clears your path for 60-seconds would leave your opponent with literally no place to hide--you might actually have a chance of serviving against Trypticon, but who knows. Trying to find ways to servive 60-seconds of your foe's super special attack might prove to be the hardest thing in the game, even the game's highest difficulty setting.

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Sixty seconds might be much, but the idea of calling in a 'kill all in the open' strike sounds good. It works well for Modern Warfare.

7. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Fine. 30 seconds. But what about the concept?

Maybe they would be modified for multiplayer. They would have similar attacks but they would do different damages.

Like in MW2 campaign, everything is basically a one hit (or a single burst fire) but in multiplayer you have to be a little more tactical than that.

8. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

30 seconds would still be long. In fact, in a highspeed game like WfC is looking like it will be, anything longer than 10 seconds is probably excessively long.

9. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    All it would take is about the same amount of time it took either of them to unleash the attacks seen in the recent trailer. In, blammo/damage, turn & outta there.

10. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    It's not a bad idea in principle; in fact, I like it. But as already mentioned, there would just need to be more restrictions on it - much more limited amount of time the character can be on the map, and maybe a limited number of times each team could summon them.

11. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Something like this seems more suitable for the campaigns..