Cool hidden features nobody knew about.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tm Tarantulas, Sep 24, 2009.

1. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I don’t know if I’m the last to realize but the pieces that cover the POTP hands can be used as a little gun!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

That's not a hidden feature per say. That's been known for a long while.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. In the instructions.
    2. Known since wave 1.
    3. Not a hidden feature.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    That's in the instructions?!
    It's pretty shitty to be official.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Yes, it's in the instructions. In the little box that shows all the little features of the figure.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

I just remembered something about BM Obsidian...

For the longest time I had this figure as he came out before actually appearing in the series and I was Transforming by simply flipping the cockpit down against his chest. I had for the longest time wandered why there was a hinge on the cockpit mounted gun as it's totally useless and I thought it should of just be molded as one solid piece with the cockpit itself.

What I didn't realize is that the entire cockpit could be rotated allowing the gun to stick straight out of his chest.

This may have actually been in the instructions but Beast Machines instructions were often unclear about what you were suppose to do. Deluxe Optimus Primal wasn't even helpful at showing me I needed to split him in half to reveal where his robot head was. I didn't even realize it was meant to do that till I found the hinge in his back. Deluxe Jetstorm also never clarified needing to be folded in half so for years I had a freakishly tall robot mode and wandered why I could never get his chest to peg in properly. They were just really bad instructions.

I think the shading they used at that time messed with my color blindness making it hard for me to see exactly what I was suppose to do. The instructions today the shading is much darker in comparison with the background color so they're much more clear than they were back then. Either that or they legitimately totally skipped important steps in the transformation.

Also I was wander if maybe TM2 Cheetor had some hidden features because I still don't know what the purpose of that panel on his arm and the one on his hip are suppose to serve. All I know is it totally screws up his articulation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    All I know about Transmetal II Cheetor is that he has the opening Spark Crystal cover on there. His little Transmetal II mutated Spark Crystal is in there.

8. SaberPrime

That's the one on his leg but what's the point of that? Some figures the Spark Crystal is actually just left out in the open and/or act as buttons to activate gimmicks. I've never understood the purpose of having them covered by panels that don't do anything.

Anyway that doesn't explain the panel on his arm. The articulation is pretty bad to begin with just do to how his arms are designed but he loses a wrist swivel on that arm because the hinge for that panel is right there. The panel doesn't appear to have any purpose so why is it there?

9. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well having their spark exposed would probably not end well for them. :lolol  That, and the cover was there on the show, so maybe some attempt at show-accuracy? As for the arm panel, I have no idea.

10. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The arm panel is a pseudo shield. Thats it's only purpose

• Like Like x 1
  11. SaberPrime

Well in the show their spark was always located in the chest so Cheetor having a spark in his leg isn't even accurate.

Also there was a short time durring Beast Machines where they did basically just walk around with their chest pannels open exposeong their spark chambers. They had unlocked a spark blast ability where they basically weaponized their sparks.

RID Predacons also had exposed Spark Crystals in the show that actually just functioned as weapons and had nothing to do with their sparks. They're only called Spark Crystals in the toy line but have never once actually been depicted as their literal Spark in fiction.

12. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When cheetor was in his feral beast state, I seen to recall them reaching for his leg and it glowing. Maybe I'm remembering wrong

• Like Like x 2
  13. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    No, you're remembering correctly. Optimal Optimus reached for his mutated feral spark (which was in his leg for some reason) and tried to communicate with it to bring Cheetor back from his feral state.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Heard from someone on YouTube that a Titan/Prime Master can fit into the BW/Universe Depth Charge figure's chest disk cavity. I don't have the Depth Charge mold. Can anyone confirm this?

15. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a hidden feature.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Titan masters can indeed fit in empty spaces larger than them.

Physics, fuck yeah!

• Like Like x 7
  17. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well the guy said he was doing a custom with the figure to turn it into a Headmaster characters who's name I suddenly can't remember. Ain't gotta be sarcastic buttholes about it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    C'mon man, how many times do people have to go over this? A hidden feature is a feature hidden by the designer. Fitting random things into random places is neither, and the thread would be well over a thousand pages of junk information if it were.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The13Primes

The13Primes Jaxius._

News Credits:
    If anything he was just asking if anyone could confirm it. No need to jump down his throat.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    I wasn't jumping down his throat. The opposite seems to be the case, actually. Why do people get so offended and hostile when they're told their fanmodes and cramming don't belong in this thread? This isn't the place for it. Yeah, it's nice that you can stick a Titanmaster in Depth Charge's empty disk launcher, but it's not a feature and the toy's designer didn't hide Titanmaster funtionality in a toy 19 years before Titanmasters were designed. "I can fit a 1x1x1 part into a hollow 3x3x3 gap!" Yeah, no fooling? I guess the maraca sound it makes when you shake that around is also a hidden feature.

I mean, I'm not sure what else you can say in these cases. Ignoring it leads to people posting how they dump their MP accessories in Titan Trypticon's chest and buries the actual cool hidden features. I guess correcting people is just as bad because you get two or three people hugging the guy and acting like he's being cyberbullied.

• Like Like x 9