Convoy War Brigade

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sound Blaster, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I won this awhile ago on E-Bay and need to ask a couple of questions:

I see the main combiner truck is a re-tooled Onslaught but the other trucks I can't place.

Was/is this a REAL bootleg off of a real TF or just made up?

And how hard are these things to come across because I am half tempted to open it if they are a dime a dozen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any help would be appreaciated and I can scan the back of the box to see if any of the other oddball combiners ring a bell with people.

:thumb 

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Local Wal-Marts sold the limbs in 2 packs for a while. They aren't a KO of a real TF. The engineering of them is similar to Mixmaster but that's it. They are 'scramble city" style. You also appear to have the green careded construction set. Whom ever made these made 3 variations. Each with a different card colour. Red is fire rescue and the other is purple.

3. Sound Blaster

Thanks lars573

Here's that other pic:

[​IMG]

4. Sound Blaster

Can someone please verify this???

Is this set a TRUE KO or is it a regular non-tf?

And is it worth something or some cheap piece of crap?

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

They definitely look like re-engineered versions of something, and I concur with Lars, the limb-bots definitely look like they have similar transformations to Mixmaster. I'm assuming they've got flip-out square posts in the chests for combining, though.

As for worth, they're obviously Chinese (or similar) productions. They're not exact copies of real TFs, but they're worth frag all. Certainly no more than, say, a fiver for the set. I woundn't be surprided to see them in a pound shop (matter of fact, last week I picked up all the Constructicons for £2).

6. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    The construction and fire rescue limbs are individually on clearance sale at my local WalMart here in Canada for 50 cents each. They are sold under the name "Super Change Robot" and the card makes no mention nor pic of combining.

I noticed the scramble-city heads so I bought 4 and am planning to combine them with my spare Onslaught to make some kind of tall custom combiner... thing. I need to find some KO scramble city feet/fists/head first.

Interesting to see that the KO set also used a KO Onslaught - that's a coincidence given my own plans... :) 

Each robot transforms like G1 Mixmaster - basically - but they are bigger robots and make bigger limbs.

Side note - they all come with the same gun in different colors - it is a KO of Combaticon Swindle's (the jeep) small handgun.

Plastic is cheap quality but not the worst for KOs.

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

this set is pure crap. all parts can be found at local $1 stores. they are re-tooled mixmaster/hook hybrids that have the plastic quality of a sheet of paper, worth only $5 for the lot.

8. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    WHAHAHAA!!! That is so awesome, I had no idea there was a gift-set of these guys, let alone a leader-figure for them!

They're definitely retooled based on a combination of scramble- and contructicon- bits, and are frankly some of my favorite transformers of all time.

I call them the proletariat bots, and for me they fill the much-needed void of neutrals.

Are they WORTH anything, yeah probably not, but I can never resist picking up a few sets any time I see them.

D/L

9. Sound Blaster

That's what I'm asking if they are worthless then I can open them (I'm not a opener) so doies anyone know where I can another one of these except Evil-Bay?

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    thats awesome...i want a set...just for the onslaught KO...