Convoy (Micron Legend, Omron)

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Resources Database Submissions' started by The Crazy Collector, Apr 29, 2012.

1. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Pics of Convoy from the short lived line of figures released by Omron.

I've borrowed the following description from the entry for Omron Starscream.

Omron Entertainment (a child company of Omron Corporation until it was sold off and changed the name to Furyu in 2007) released a series of gaming arcade prize figures and merchandise in 2003. Even though there was a nation-wide TV commercial for the figures, the distribution was bad and not many gaming arcades actually carried these figures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And because this figure is soooooo similar to the Mega SCF Convoy, here's some comparison pics. Omron Convoy is on the left, and Mega SCF Convoy is on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As an interesting side-note (interesting to me, at least!) a pic of the elbow joints on Omron Convoy (left) and Mega SCF Convoy (right). Although it looks like the joint on Omron Convoy should bend, the joint is paited over, keeping it from being flexable.

[​IMG]

2. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Congratulations on finally tracking down this unusual piece. (I honestly don't know how you manage it!) These are quite possibly the only available images of the figure on the net. Thank you for your contribution :) 

3. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Actually...... Scroll about about 2/3 of the way down the Wiki page for Armada Optimus Prime toys. Not sure how long those pics have been up, but I noticed them around the same time I got my Omron Prime.