Convincing yourself on that next purchase

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ORIO, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple changing menace

News Credits:
    with me if i like it im gonna own it at some point but i have priorities that come b4 transformers so anything left over is goin towards my plastic crack

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Botcon 2011 figures because of all the purdy colors.

3. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Stunticon boxset at Botcon was me convincing myself I could use it to pay off my trip expenses...however, that love of vehicular Transformers has creeped into me, and I'm nostalgic for the olden days. The original Stunticons were the only 'major' Decepticons I ever owned, and my first gestalt.

At Botcon 2011, my willpower crumbled in the face of $220 for Takara Tomy's Unicron...then I found out 24 hours later about Hasbro's 25th Anniv release/repaint. Though I don't think I'll get that one, even with its movie-accurate green eyes. Unicron reminds me of my 20th Anniv Optimus: existing in that realm between the cartoon world, and somewhere else.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stepper is really tugging at me right now. Sure it looks cool, but do I really want it? For the 90 bucks, I could get two awesome fp insecticons!

Such a hard choice

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

How about convincing your self NOT to buy a TF and save your money? A hard lesson to learn when there's too many toy's that peak our interests.

6. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stepper is the thing I don't know I can spin for. That along with all the third party stuff is really making things hard. I don't know if I can sustain this habit if I buy all the stuff that is coming out. The breaks that was between FP releases really help in being able to afford things. Now there are too many 3rd party and too many products for the nice break to come. Litter that with the Botcon and FP stuff, then you get a really broke bank account. The high prices of Japanese imports (United) really puts a strain on the budget too. I guess I will have to wait and see on the stepper. Here's to hoping it is more like the last few exclusives in the henkei line (strafe, electrostatic ligier, gss) where the prices goes down down down.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those seem like logical questions to ask ourselves, especially in that order. For example, I wrestled with myself about getting the battle in space 2 pack for quite some time because I mainly wanted Cyclonus, but wasn't sold on paying 39 bucks for a deluxe. I figured that it'd go on sale eventually, it did, and I was happy buying it at 25% off when Toys R Us had a sale.

If anything, the main "convincing" had to do with looking at getting the matrix, nightstick, Rodimus & the comic, not "just" the main guy who I originally wanted.

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Because that makes for a boring thread.

9. Tuscuttar

Tuscuttar The Cult of Personality

I want all the new DotM Leaders, but they way things are looking now I'd be lucky to afford even one of them :'( (Yes, I am crying). So thats why I'm selling some stuff I don't care about http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/427083-getting-rid-rotf-clutter.html (Shameless plug). Im on the fence about Leader Bumblebee, i think he looks good but im trying to deal in necessity, as there are 100,000,000,001 Bumblebees out there and ive been waiting sooo long for a Leader Ironhide and Sentinel looks very good.

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with a plug. :) 

11. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

For me it's Masterpiece Megatron. I hear so many bad things about the figure, but damn if he doesn't look bad-ass!! I wonder if the re-issue fixed any of these problems (I know, another thread), also that United Megatron looks cool too.

12. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Here's my story from yesterday (in addition to the Blaster I did end up ordering):

Yesterday I had to testify in court for getting sideswiped a few months ago. The lawyer said I had time to kill, so I decided to walk to a nearby comic shop for #20, which they didnt have and btw dont even stock TF there anymore, telling me how much it "sucks". "Really bad" he says. This was after I heard them gushing over SW episode 1, so ehhhh, but I digress.
    On the way to the comic store I see a Target. Oh no. "Do Not tempt my addiction..." Maybe they have a Wreck-Gar, I tell myself. They didnt but had a Scourge. After some pondering I put it down an walked to the comic store an back.
    Then I passed Target again, went in telling myself "NO, if you buy Scourge you need the other 2 stooges." Walked out and ripped that sucker open in the parking lot! Ahhhhh.....

Sure enough, after reading Heart of Darkness 3 I then proceeded to "look at Galvatrons" on ebay. Henkei version in my state for 35 shipped. Hemmed an hawed a few minutes, then decided to check if K-Mart still had a million BiS Cyclonus on their shelf, ordered Galvy an strolled out of K-Mart with Cyclonus around 10:30 this mornin.

Mission accomplished. Wow......

The only thing I can rationalize is the fact that I have stopped drinkin alcohol, so I'd be spendin the money anyway (and can always sell these if I have to, cant do that with beer), and Im at least completing parts of my Classics cliques. I just need Wreck-Gar for the 86ers

Plus they're so damn cool :) 

13. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I tend to plan out my purchases long in advance given my limited finances. For example, I know that I want Prime deluxe Arcee and Starscream, so I'm saving what's left on my Target gift cards for when they come out.

14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Don't think! FEEEEEL!!!

Seriously though I don't need convincing. If I like it I buy it, if I don't I won't, its that simple.

Too much information dude. :p 

15. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I am wanting to get TC and Warpath and have enough saved that if I don't find them retail tomorrow I can at least order them. Thank god its the movie right now, only one I want out of it now is the last Wrecker, maybe a Space Case if I see him.