Converting .WMV to H.264 in a batch on a server?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Trippanator, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Can it be done? Or how can I stream a .wmv? I have around 30 gigs of videos stored on my server to which I need to stream and I have been working on doing for almost 7 months now..But it just seems impossible.

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This may be a technology question and could get a better response in the Video Game and Technology Forum.

i have never tried converting like that, so i can't help ya there.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I've done that a lot at work, but I used Final Cut to do it. I would assume that there are a few video converting tools for that. But I thought that WMV was a good format to stream in already. Youtube swallows WMVs like water.

Also, do you mean Quicktime with an H264 compression or and H264 files?

4. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Well, when you try to stream a wmv from a server you cant go forward into the video. Which is why youtube has an on board converter which turns everything to a .flv. I could convert them all on my computer but it would take me two weeks to get them all done. which is why I need to have something like FFMPEG to convert them. Also Im using Gallery 2..but the ffmpeg there cant set the proper dimensions.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish I could help more. Most of the conversions I do are from 30 seconds to 2 minutes, so I have never used anything to convert that much. Episode is very helpful but might also present the same 2 week problem.

6. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Well thank you for trying to help atleast