Converting .avi to .wmv for 360?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DX7879, Sep 27, 2008.

1. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I got some shows that are avi files, and I want to watch them on my 360 from an external hard drive. I was wondering if anyone know of any programs that can mass convert video files to .wmv and keep most of the quality and not take too long?

Thanks

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I use WinAvi, its the fastest I've found but still takes some time. It's a resource hog, as most video conversions are, so you need to just start it and walk away until its done.

www.winavi.com

I thought I got it for free, or maybe I had been using the trial version.

Also, I haven't had any issues with avi's playing except for some really old files that the 360 didn't have a codec for.

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    eRIGHT Super works well for most stuff I have done. And it's free.

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 360 can play AVi's since one of the recent updates.

Should just be a case of plugging in the external HD to the USB socket on the front of the console, going to the video tab and selecting the external HD and the source and you should find them there.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The 360 can play AVI files unbless you are offline and never got last year's fall update OR if you are using it as a Media Center Extender.

For some reason, there is no support for DIVX for the Xbox as an extender -BIZARRE.
    However, if your dashboard is up to date go to the Media blade, then video and it should play.

If that doesn't work, I second the vote for Super C by Eright Soft.
    It's free and it's the greatest thing ever.
    Ever.

I did a batch of 11 files for Ipod MP4 format and came back the next morning. They were all done and all were perfect.

6. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

The avi files have some sort of codec that the 360 can't read. Anyways, I might just end up watching the dvd of the show. My friend is doing this for me, and it looks like the video size might be too small so it will be all pixelated.

Also, my 360 just got the red rings today after freezing every now and then for the last two weeks :(