Controversial question: Is distribution in Europe better these days than a few years ago?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nevermore, Nov 23, 2016.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    In N.Ireland we used to have the UK Woolworths stores AND a local homegrown chain called WELLworths. Very similar branding despite being seperate companies.

The Wellworths in my town used to have an amazing selection of TFs and the Woolworths had a better selection of non-tf toys.

Both brands are long gone now.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Checking Google Maps for Woolworth stores in your area, there seems to be a bizarre black hole around Bielefeld. It's almost as if... no, that can't be, can it?

In all seriousness, you're not missing much. The last time I saw actual Transformers toys at Woolworth was Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Legions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's good news. i was stationed in Germany 2012-2015 and yeah, distro seemed bad. i ordered a lot from BBTS since i had US mail service too.

i really miss Cobi blocks from Poland though

-

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So. Uh.

Titans Return didn't really have a full run anywhere in Europe... except for Russia, it appears, which even got Ramhorn, Slugslinger, Blitzwing, Octone and Overlord! Aside from Ramhorn, who was also released in France (and whom I got from a third-party seller on Amazon Germany in European packaging), none of these have been found anywhere else in Europe.

Generally, Leaders fared the worse: In Germany, they stopped entirely after the Powermaster Optimus Prime/Soundwave wave (with the PM Prime/Blaster wave only being stocked by Intertoys, a regional chain that gets its stock from the Netherlands). Six Shot was released in France (even before the US!), Russia, Ireland, the UK and possibly even Spain. Sky Shadow was released in Ireland and, following a massive delay, also in the UK, and then only at discounter B&M.

Voyagers barely got beyond wave 2 in Germany, with Galvatron still shelfwarming to this very day. Some very sparse sightings of Optimus Prime and Megatron. Broadside was released in the UK and Russia.

Generally, Germany had a massive delay with wave 3. A Hasbro Germany rep told us wave 3 was shipping as early as late 2016, but the first figures didn't materialize at retail until several months into the new year. Titan Masters wave 3 is still AWOL at retail (but was briefly available at Amazon Germany), while wave 4 was only available at Intertoys. Legends Class wave 4 didn't appear until last week! Deluxe Class wave 4 was available at Karstadt department stores in very small quantities, and has apparently also appeared at Rofu Kinderland now, while Deluxe Class wave 5 recently also appeared at Karstadt, again only in small quantities.

Deluxe wave 4 was also released in the UK and Russia, while wave 5 was otherwise only found in Russia. But hey, at least the UK got Legends waves 4 and 5!

Meanwhile, you want Combiner Wars Victorion and Computron, Platinum Edition Planet of Junk Clash and Autobot Heroes, the Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Bumblebee sets, Masterpiece Movie Series or Primitive Optimus Prime? They were all officially available in Spain, either from Amazon Spain, Carrefour Spain or El Corte Ingles, even or shared between those three.

On the other hand, you want Titans Return Siege on Cybertron? That one was/is available in the Netherlands, from BOL. WTF.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I had a wtf moment myself when I found the Siege on Cybertron set at Bol.com.
    Then I realized you'd already started a thread about it.
    And yes. You had already started a thread to talk about distribution in Europe :p 
    But I was thinking more of Asia, Africa etc.
    I don't even know how much members live outside the US and Europe.
    Didn't think of it much, but no you mention it CW seems to have had better exposure in Belgium than TR.
    I don't really remember seeing anything past wave 2 I think.
    Online is the way to go.