Controls and Balancing (plus my predicament)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

So I'm sure you guys already know my situation about getting the game so I won't go into that again.

I downloaded the demo yesterday and had to go somewhere so I didn't have time to play it. I should be able to later today or tomorrow. I was wondering how the controls are (better or not than ROTF?) and are there any outstanding balancing issues? I heard the Scout weapons are kinda underpowered but only time will tell I guess.

I went on GameFAQs and was surprised to see that a TON of non-gamers have picked up the demo and are extensively enjoying it. More of a turnout than ROTF even! They were saying mostly positive stuff and were saying that they weren't really fans but were having tons of fun. It is encouraging but not selling for me entirely.

Just wondering what you guys though so far..

2. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Oh, and also for those who played the Halo Reach beta would you say that this game is less fun, as fun, or more fun than that and which game do you think will have more replay value because I am still deciding which one to buy at launch and which to put on hold.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The controls are better, especially in vehicle form.

Not really. The scout's weaponry is devastating if used correctly.

4. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

I totaly agree, if you use the scout right, it can do some damage for sure.

This game is great, you should pick it up at launch, besides halo reach wont be out for a while, so you never know, you could save up the money to get it to.

Halo reach demo was cool, alot better and fun then halo 3, in my opinion.

Forget that thow, we on WFC, get that, its dope.

5. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my viewpoint, there is no balancing issue. Soldiers are easier to use when you first pick up the game, but once you have your feet under you, scouts kick much ass.
    But, each has a good combination of strengths and weaknesses that can be exploited for fun and profit.

Controls are spot on. this is how I want my TF games to play.

6. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

There is no way of knowing how the dynamic will be once every class is available. I've been having a lot of fun as a scout, but I was still able to do damage as a soldier. They just require different play mentalities and weapons management. The scout is just way too suited to the way I like to play:D 

7. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think once scientist is unlocked, I'll be using them. I've way too much TF2 engie in me to turn my back on sentry deployment. ;) 

Though, I'm sure I'll be spending plenty of time as a scout when I get bored of camping.

8. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I tend to do VERY well with soldiers. I see the scouts more as the footsoldiers and the soldiers like the artillery. I usually hang back, lob a few tank rounds at an enemy (splash damages is quite effective), then get in a bit closer and use the scrapmaker on them. The spin attack is great for getting rid of nosey enemy scouts... though make sure that they're actually there and you're not just being paranoid ;)