Controller layouts

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by WoundSave, Aug 2, 2012.

1. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are, IMO, pretty weak. I dont understand why they would make 5 options instead of just letting you set each option manually.

I found playing WFC i really preferred changing modes with something other than the movement stick - i just end up changing modes when i dont want to by acidently pushing the movement stick down and transforming at inopurtune moments.

So- In FOC, i went straight to the controller layout. changed it up, and relized there is only ONE of 5 layouts that allows you to transform with a button (not the movement stick) and While playng with it i realized a HUGE drawback of that layout.

I cant cycle weapons while moving, cause change weapons is the up button on the + pad under my movement stick. - so i have to take my thumb off the stick to change weapons--- I just dont understand why change camera angle is my B button instead of cycle weapons? Do people generally hange camera angles that much while they play (i tried fiddling with it but couldnt see and advantage to switching while playing) --- So if im fighting someone, and want to change weapons, i have to STOP MOVING for a second to do so-- pretty much a guaranteed way to die in a firefight.

I really hope they change this up somehow. Is there anywhere to leave feedback about the game? Im new to xbox so if there is some glaringly obvious feedback function apologies. Have they made any mention of controlloer layouts so far.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I don't have that big a problem with transforming at bad times... usually...
    WFC, on the other hand, makes me transform every time I use the left bumper ability.

3. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    so I realized there IS a setting for the L3/R3 delay... the default I think is "ON" where people will find it STRANGE that they can't pull a melee when they want to.. Once I set the L3/R3 delay to "OFF" .. the melee button is no longer an issue.

Now but the transforming on L3 with or without delay still don't help much. I did find myself changing mode in MP at intensive fighting when I don't mean to.... so that SUCKs.

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Why is there even a feature that delays the stick button use?

5. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Not sure exactly what the delay is, but if it makes it so you have to hold the stick down briefly to use its effect, I can see that being useful for the left stick. On several occasions I've transformed for seemingly no reason, only to realize that I put just barely too much pressure on the left stick. Though that kind of delay would cripple your melee consistency (unless you're using a control scheme that puts melee on a button--is there such a thing?).

6. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmmm that might actually be a solution0- and yes squints, the 'tactician' layout has melee mappe to B, and the 'switch camera' mapped to pushing down on RS

7. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Really? That sounds interesting, I might give that scheme a try later.

8. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I was constantly transforming at the wrong time during matches in WFC. I have accidentally done it a couple times while playing the demo. What I would love to see get implemented in FoC is a custom layout option. It would be nice to let the player decide which buttons do what.