Control Pillar scene felt weak!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by shadow2879, Jul 1, 2011.

1. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    I loved the movie... dont get me wrong but is it me or did the whole control pillar scene fell weak? What I mean is it was already done in ROTF. Megs and Fallen on the pyramid tying to keep the Autobots and humans away just to have Optimus shoot the harvester and then the main fight starts. The same thing happened in dotm. Megs and Sentinel on top of the building... bla, bla, bla... optimus comes in, shoot the control pillar and the final battle starts. It just didnt feel original to me.

2. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

but then that pillar was reactivated by Dylan and Cybertron continued to be transported.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's difficult to be original when constructing a plot around a MacGuffin. The heroes have it/the villains steal it/the heroes steal it back/the villains steal it back again, the villains turn it on/the heroes turn it off/the villains turn it on again/the heroes turn it off again...

4. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    nothing is neww under the sun

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

While in retrospect the scenes seem very similar, I feel the event in DOTM worked a lot better because it showed more planning on the Decepticons. Yeah, in ROTF and DOTM it's essentially the bad guy sending up a blue beam of doom into the sky, but while in ROTF it was in the middle of nowhere and the Decepticons just sent in a few dozen troopers that didn't stand up to a human bombing run, DOTM had the Decepticons blow the utter crap out of Chicago by destroying any and all infastructure and bringing in their own aerial weapondry to ensure the humans couldn't send in ANYTHING to oppose the plan. Plus, the Autobots were supposed to have blown up in the spacecraft attack, so there's a real sense that humanity is well and truly screwed over, while in ROTF the whole deal could have been solved with the Railgun shooting at the pyramid outside the range of The Fallen's not-Force.

6. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

I felt the DOTM writers left more plot holes than the previous team.

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    [​IMG] Your post is so false its irritating.

8. Regressor

Regressor Well-Known Member

The Decepticons could anticipate that there would be an army there (Sam brought them). They also wouln't have been able to call for help and send in an airstike if it weren't for the Jordanian's radios. Also if Optimus haden't been resurected nobody could have stopped them.