Continuum (2012 TV Series)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by TrueNomadSkies, May 28, 2012.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:

I've kinda been keeping tabs on this for a while couse Victor Webster's awesome, and I thought the 1st episode was pretty good. Not sure if I'll be adding this to my roster, but the concept of time travel in itself can often be quite fascinating, and the fact that there's a decently interesting plot to go along with it never hurts. Basically, we start out in 2077 where a group of radicals escape execution to present day Vancouver in 2012 (along with an officer who's fresh on their trail) in hopes of writing a new future.

Not sure if this's airing in the US yet, but has anyone else seen the opener or otherwise been exploring this?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im hoping it airs in the US,cuz I really would like to see it.It sounds interesting to me.Also it reminds me of an old show called Time Traxx.

3. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, its filmed in Vancouver under what looks to be a less than big budget & I've got the feeling not all of the "terrorists" are gonna be booked as bad guys once the season progresses, so for those reasons alone (be it regrettably) it might be something you guys have to watch online for a while unless it gets a hugely positive reception up here, especially since SyFy seems to be dropping the ball with everything these days.

At this point though, I'm mostly just hoping it doesn't get shafted like Defying Gravity (although that at least got through a full season), but a Sunday night spot on Showcase took Lost Girl through multiple seasons (another guilty pleasure hah), so maybe we'll get lucky. If I could, I'd totally google drive this shit for people, but I have no way of doing that right now, so I dunno.

I might also have to check out Time Traxx, too.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It has a few actors in it I like so I'd probably watch it if I am ever given the option to do so - being in the UK and all.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I like Rachel Nichols so I'd watch it if they bring it over to the US.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I just happened to find it I enjoyed it I like the casting and The main girl's cool sort of young Lucy Lawless like Pretty but not to plastic or model like - she reminds me a bit of the Cop Mom in V The new series and she's a bit like an older version of the girl in Power Rangers Timeforce.

It is slightly amusing how she looks a lot like Sophie Ellis Bextor though.

Perhaps some of the Terrorists are a bit weak to prop a show on with the Black actors looking like the better members of that clique (that survive).

The central premise of My Enemy/My Ally was quite good though and having him so young throws up some interesting problems for them both - like since he's little more than a kid she might feel protective towards him. but he is probably instrumental in the government take over - but at this stage we can't tell if he's a reluctant ally of the anti-democary pro-corporate movement or if he's the one who set up the terrorists in the 1st place to kill his rival.

If you think that he has fore-knowledge of both his own future through the lady cop's memory downloads and the past of his own experiences that is some weird stuff right there.

He could work with the cop then get found out and be forced to work with the terrorists to undo what he had done in the first place - but with unexpected consequences. I don't really see very much Pro-democracy rhetoric from them so I suspect their whole purpose is a scam.

Even the idea that her tech could inspire him to re-invent it is quite amusing - I also like the Videogame he has running in the background as a little visual joke seeing as she's walking around with all this videogame like tech on her like her Bullet sponge clothing and stealth suit /chameleon features and Alec/Alex living in a tech barn like Gene Hackman's character in Enemy of the State or Clark Kent and there's even a little bit of Earth Final Conflict in the show too and a nod or two to Terminator as well - I even like her flip out gun with the hologram sight (I'm guessing it's no longer working though)

Alek/Alex can learn a lot if he goes and raids that vent in the hotel - it was clever to hire a actor that looks so much like "The Cigarette smoking man" that it was obvious who he was straight away even before they started with the strong hints and the complete reveal - the look of him and the delighted smile he had when he saw her in the room - I wonder what he will do about the husband he's going to want to know why he stopped him from pulling her out - if he saw the shake of the head.
    I did get the impression curiously that he had not had her ordered to be there - but seemed to remember her or see the use of her going back to him and thus the smile - I hope they keep it up with the future flash forwards as that contradiction between the two timeline is one element I find the most fascinating and if it is centred only in Canada in 2012 then it would loose something as show. Even the main Characters politics and the journey she might take might be very interesting she might come around to a pro-democracy view just in time to realise they are playing it fast and loose (which I suspect the bad guys are) - Look likes Alex/Alek's step father might be important too medium term if only as a tool against him and in his path - it's almost like Darth Vader taking a decent kid and turning him into this imperial figure over many years - its almost like everyone else is only there as an excuse to tell that story as the woman hunting some bad guys and trying to get home isn't the primary plot that's something we have seen many many time before, but the whole dark destiny thing is almost fresh and is what would keep me watching the show - I hope they run it for a few weeks with no breaks and that it last more than a few episodes, The rating were very good so I hope it will stay around for a while so long as it's not a show that meanders about aimlessly like "The Event" did.

7. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Took a lot of words right outa my head there, and I'm really hoping they keep running with the
    altered flash forwards
    as you say because that's the stuff that really got me. I can't see them stopping with it though, as again, it seems like one of the important parts of the show, oppose to simply chasing down some bad guys. Well that, and the whole "Smoking Man" stuff that we've been trained over the years to know almost instantly that has a lot of importance when we see it, hah. Can't forget that.

Also, I'm glad that people are streaming this shit, and I got the Lucy Lawless impression right away too.

8. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Shit's back folks :) 

9. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

The lead hero, Kira, would make a PERFECT Wonder Woman, don't you think?

10. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Indeed.

11. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Am I the only one who wants see Alec and Kira hook up?

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Isn't Continuum on again in Canada at the moment or due V-soon ?

13. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

3 Episodes have played so far from season 3

Plays on Sunday night at 21:00.

As usual available on torrent sites shortly after

14. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Ugggg I gotta catch up on this. I don't even remember where I left off, but I know there's plenty for me to watch, and why my regularly scheduled life lost track of this show is beyond me. Well, I know why (bitches & money), but I just wish it hadn't I guess hah.