1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

For months we get from Hasbro that WFC and the novel Exodus are prequels to Prime but the second episode puts a doubt on it.

Dark Energon to Starscream is legendary and he has not personally seen it before. In WFC and Exodus Dark Energon killed Cybertron, putting it in stasis for millions of years rendering it uninhabitable for Transformers. Decepticons also used it to power themselves but here Megatron doesn't know how to control it yet.

2. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

Prime fits how you want it to fit. If you don't want it to fit, then just pretend it dosn't exist.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

It's just a way to explain what Dark Energon is to those who didn't play the game. It feels a little out of place and I wondered about it myself, but don't think about it too hard.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    WFC and Exodus are just being shoe horned into continuity. Just do yourself a favor and do as I do. Just smile and ignore Hasbro. It's blatantly obvious the creators of all three pieces of fiction didn't have anything to do with each other, possibly not even knowing of the others.

Hasbro is just trying to cover their base and say everything is canon when it clearly isn't. Like a child who won't let an argument end with him being wrong, it's devolved to a series of "Nuh uh!"s.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Looks like dark energon is here to stay though. This is the second fiction it's been mentioned in.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Hasbro likes to try to connect things in Transformers that aren't really connected. Not sure why something can't be it's own story.

Just seems like Transformers Prime is going to have it's own continuity with nods here and there to other series.

7. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Yup, that's what I'm going to take it as. By the way this is technically the 3rd use of Dark Energon (that I'm aware of anyway). War for Cybertron, Exodus, and now Prime.

And just because I said it in another thread and thought it was rather clever...

With how much shoe horning Hasbro is doing with Prime, I'm surprised they haven't proclaimed Animated to be canon for Prime yet.

8. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is how im seeing it

Prime-exodus-WFC. The new multiverse

All the old series- The old multiverse

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    This.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: HASBRO is full of crap. I hope more people can see that now for themselves.

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron and Starscream's introductory conversation about Dark Energon is VERY expository, and it does make them sound like they've never encountered it before - but then Arcee says they experimented with it during the war on Cybertron. So.

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved Optimus talking about how at the beginning of this long war Megatron was his ally, so he really sees this as long struggle for freedom, against both the High Council and now the Decepticons. I also got chills when Megatron referred to Optimus as his old friend, literally, and his awareness after all these years that he would have survived that explosion.

I can't wait to reread Exodus after the first season of Prime. The show's depiction of Dark Energon-infused soldiers is far more horrifying than what I imagined.

12. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Not quite. She said there were experiments during the war. She didn't say they were experimenting with Dark Energon during the war. Given that Ratchet can't identify it, it's safe to assume he's never seen it before. Arcee also didn't identify it. Therefore, until further evidence is presented, we must assume this is the first encounter with Dark Energon any of the Cybertronians, Autobot or Decepticon, have had with it.

13. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

No, she just says the 'cons did experiments on live robots on cybertron, she never says it was with dark energon. In fact, neither her nor Ratchet nor anyone else recognizes it when it's scraped off her. That Both Megatron and Starcream only knew it through legend until Megs brought some back and how they don't know its effects reinforces that ever further.

14. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The only possible scenario of Prime being in continuity with WFC or Exodus is that we are looking at a Beast Wars scenario where these are in fact descendants of the Autobots and Decepticons in WFC/Exodus.

Its a stretch but I would be surprised if they did this.

15. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Well, no, she's doesn't explicitly SAY it, no. But the Autobots never got their hands on any Dark Energon, so Ratchet wouldn't have any CAUSE to recognise it on a molecular level. He has no records on it. He's only seen it's effects, never studied it.

Which is not to say that I don't get what you're saying - it's almost certainly been WRITTEN to be the characters' first encounter with the stuff, but the dialogue certainly leaves some wiggle-room if you're obstinate like me.

(This, of course, is without pointing out that WFC/Exodus may not LITERALLY be in the same continuity as the Prime CARTOON, but can be part of the same CONTINUITY FAMILY, in the same way that unrelated continuities like the Marvel G1 comics and the G1 cartoon are in the same family but not the same continuity.)

16. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Best bet is to just let prime stand on it's own.
    Trying to make WfC 1(&2) and exodus fit in will only produce large headache.

17. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Why two sets of multiverses? Isn't the point of a multiverse to be all-encompassing? Having two or more kinda defeats the point. Is the Transformers continuity so completely convoluted that we must resort multiple sets of multiple universes? Man, things were so much easier when it was all one long history.

18. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Yeaaaaah, I don't quite buy the continuity family thing either. I can get it for all the G1 stuff because they're all based on the same specific toylines, and you can easily recognize a lot of things they have in common. It's got a distinctive feeling that brings them all together. That they do even though each has its own set of events is the very reason the fandom created the notion of continuity family.

But if you look for such cues in WfC/Prime it's ridicully obvious WfC is a gigantically better fit for the G1 continuity family (on which High Moon openly based their game), while so far Prime is either its own or a reasonable fit for the movie continuity family. Instead the only reason we lump those two together so far is solely Hasbro's words. If they hadn't mentioned that WfC-possibly-inspiring-future-canon thing you probably wouldn't even be entertaining the notion Prime and WfC are linked.

19. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    WFC in isolation, yeah, it's pretty much G1. No argument. Absolutely. The game is what it is. But EXODUS takes everything well beyond G1 into something else, because it takes the basic story of the game and builds upon it using the story bible Hasbro created for modern continuity, full of things from other continuities. Ancient spacebridges, Velocitron, Gigantion, and magic Primus-blood Energon from the Unicron Trilogy, mute Bumblebee and a life-giving AllSpark launched into space from the movie universe, plus unique things like the "caste system" history for Cybertron and Dark Energon. That bible, and the stories spawned from it, aren't G1. Prime is written per that bible, that Exodus is the linking line between that and the game.

20. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

WFC and exodus are one continuty, Prime is another one.