continuity issues

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by grimlock321, May 19, 2006.

1. grimlock321

grimlock321 smashin' bashin' bot

i was reading some bios on the hasbro site and got totally lost in continuity. i know that G1 is suppose to be preceeded by beast wars and then followed by beast machines. Robots In Disguise seems to have its own universe as well as the universe line of toys. and Armada was clearly followed by Energon because of the humans staying consistent and the continuation of Unicron. now i missed the last 13 episodes of Energon and im not sure if Cybertron fits with the Armada series or not. please help a baffled trans fan.

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Cybertron is tied into Armada and Energon through dubbing.

Although it has been said that Galaxy Force was supposed to be a continuation of Superlink/Energon. The fact that Cybertron's Red Alert is a ringer for Armada Red Alert is kind of a clue

Although in the final episode of Cybertron there's a pic montage of Armada/Energon characters all grown up.So really who knows

3. Dio

Dio Scrapper

If you want to get super technical with this, the club comic does offer an explanation in that the Energon Sun created by Unicron collapsed to form the black hole, which has sort of messed with time, memories and continuity. With that explanation in place, it's sort of "anything goes" as far as what the black hole messes with.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, though, because you have to consider this franchise is 20 years old and has gone through numerous revisions, new toy lines, changes in production studio and writers, etc - continuity isn't going to all mesh well as a consequence of that, and it's a losing battle to try and make all the pieces fit together in the first place.

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Wow that is really weak.

I'm not sure why it is such a big deal that these (RID, ARM, ENG, CYB fit together. To me it seams they are more or less separate anyways. Armada and Energon were pretty close but there was some missing information and people for that matter, like where did the minicons go? Where did RedAlert/Scavanger etc go?

There were a lot of plot holes between energon and Cybertron like:
    - Humans don't know who the Transformers are, but in energon there were cities inhabited by the transformers
    - Hot Shot is once again the young, reckless bot,
    - Accents????
    - no Rodimus,
    I could go on and on, but you all know the problems.

I have long given up on continuity for large scale universes and timelines such as the transformers. It is too complex and there are too many things going on.
    I would really like to see some 'shadows of the Empire' type stuff come out.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'ven given up on continuity! To me there's G1 followed by "Kinda-sorta G1".:lol 

G1 is made of (G1, BW, MW,G2, BM)

Kinda-Sorta G1 is RID, then: EN/ARM//Universe/CYB but GF/CYB had that episode that linked itself to G1.

So. . .

It's a Transformers infinty symbol, or maybe the snake eating it's own tail. The Generations have to share shelf and carpet space so they might as well "get along" anyway.:wink: 

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember back when I was stupidly trying to fit most continuities into one (realizing soon after that as long as they kept making new media, the job would just keep getting tougher) I shoehorned RiD autobots in as an undercover expeditionary force originally sent to Earth to find the G1 'bots, who, based on the first Dreamwave comic series, were all out of commission between 1990-something and 2000-something.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I find the Energon to Cybertron tie in works far better once you disregard everything post episode 39, as the bios for Landmine and Megatron imply was the original plan. Landmine's almost directly refers to the destruction of Unicron in episode 39.

So what I reckon, Unicron is finally destroyed. The Transformers on Earth were always kept hush-hush, helped more by the destruction of Unicron having an unexpected effect on the timelines. He's a being transcending time after all, so destroying him so thoroughly creates a mass instability in the timeline. Time itself realigns to rehabilitate events.

In fact, you could use this to explain away a lot of inconsistencies in the series. Time is still fluid and re-aligning itself as it goes, which is why Vector Prime arrives when he does. He senses the time distortion and follows it to its epicentre - Unicron's destruction.

Of course, that's all fan conjecture. I somehow doubt it'll fit together just like that.