Continuity In Last Ep Of Cybertron+

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DESTRUCTICON, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Really, never heard or seen that before.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

But if he's the same Prime from Armada, then he'd already combined with Jetfire and Overload without the Spark of Combination, and seen Megatron combine with TidalWave.
    Aaron Archer confirmed that in the Orson's World forum a long time ago.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Loose ends aplently, but it fits what I've always believed. G1 never really ended. With GF/CYB you didn't need the Armada/Energon children to tie it together. Remember the episode when Primus showed the Transformers, the vision of G1 Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Jazz. . .?

4. Alpha Prime

It could be a reasonable excuse though; IDK make a fan fic about it.Yea, but Armada was produced to be a new start, right? I mean they already killed Unicron once.

5. flamepanther

The original idea was for it to take place between G1 and Beast Wars. I believe they dropped that idea in order to make it easier for a new audience of kids to follow without previous exposure to TFs. Unicron was not originally part of the plan, but was written in later at the request of Aaron Archer.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    What a mess.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yup that ending despitely needs the armada/energon kids.

i mean those drawings of them, were just simply beautiful, with energon hotshot and armada perceptor, just not the same with out them, well the kids themselves, lol i don't really care about, but the transformers, there, was awesome.

8. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit I try to save a life a day, usually it's my own...

News Credits:
    I'm curious about this as well.:inquisiti 

9. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Which episode did this happen in?

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't remember the Minicon symbol at the end of RID.
    I only saw the final episode once, so maybe I missed it.

As far as Cybertron\Galaxy Force goes, I have heard a lot of people stating how bad Cybertron is for trying to force itself as a sequel to Energon. However, I think it was stupid of Galaxy Force to make itself its own story and not continue Super Link. I mean, why not?

You have a black hole -explained in Super Link.
    You have Megatron with Unicron elements on his armor -yet no Unicron in Galaxy Force. Not to mention the various characters that were carried over from Super Link.

I am not trying to forgive some of the problems of Cybertron. I just always wondered why the Japanese version went the new continuity road.

I really enjoyed Cybertron. I like the story arc and I thought the animation was top notch. I just wish they reuse the "money shots" so much like the Savage Claw rush.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Thank Takara and Gonzo for deciding to make it a seperate continuity even though its supposed to be a 'joint' line and series with Hasbro. Alot of apologists for Takara's decision say its because they wanted to ditch how bad Superlink/Energon was. Guess what? According to Hirofumi Ichikawa, Takara marketing and WE'VE were responsible for Superlink's storyline, as well, without input from Takara's own TF division.

Don't bother man. The Coalition for the Enrichment of Western Culture Through Japanese Pop Culture don't consider those three series a trilogy because Takara didn't.

Even though it was originally set up as a trilogy.

12. flamepanther

It was originally set up as a trilogy. It should have been a trilogy. For whatever reason though, it wasn't actually made that way, and the attempts to fix it don't really work. Whether it's right or good that it's separate, trying to reintegrate it causes some strange and distracting plot holes.

IMO, what should have been done is for Hasbro and IDW to release a comic book version done the way Hasbro wanted it, and to leave the show alone (aside from translation and dubbing).

13. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

What if the three series are the same universe, just different characters? Sure they have the same name, but they could be 'code names' or something. Sort of how Optimus Primal has no connection to Optimus Prime (until the last season of BW), but has a very similar name? Then again, that wouldn't explain why all of the Primes in the unicronverse have the matrix of leadership, but Primal didn't.

I dunno, in the end I'm of the opinion that all of the cartoons since Beast Wars have been kind of lame and I had to really try hard to not change the channel when they were on. Mostly due to annoying kids and bad voiceacting/directing. Why are we putting a very bad and unnatural accent on Jetfire?!

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Quoted For Truth.

I just hate the kids in general, why do the makers of the show always need to throw in the humans!? Human interactment is vital to the show, but don't make them regular characters.

I think the reason I hate the cartoons is because, *puts on helmet* I hate anime in general, I hate everything about it!

15. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

The Human characters really do take away from the story the way they are used today. In G1 the characters did not detract as much from the robots, now the humans are too important in the stories. Honestly what we need is a new series that takes place on Cybertron only, a nice War Within show. No humans at all. After all, the Transformers are the heroes and the villains, the humans aren't needed unless they are squishies.

16. Alpha Prime

it really dosen't matter how it started out, becuse they were not made into one line(except in ther dub...:cry  ).

I really wish they had pencil drawn the Energon and Cybertron, that way it would have flowed with out as many plot holes, oh well.

17. Alpha Prime

They throw the kids in there so we can relate to the show.....i don'tbut....

Anywho, anime is just a form of drawing, if the show was done by hannan barbera, it would just look like metal scooby doo, but the story would still depend on the writers/dubers.

18. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Continuity

Cybertron was conceived by Hasbro's Transformers Design Director Aaron Archer to be the third and final installment of the trilogy begun by the two previous series, Transformers: Armada and Transformers: Energon. Visually supporting this idea are certain character designs, such as those of Hot Shot, Red Alert and Jetfire, which are blatantly designed to resemble updated versions of the characters from Armada and Energon, and the new appearance for Megatron, which is based upon the fact that he has absorbed the power of Unicron after his encounters with him.

In producing the anime however, GONZO chose not to follow this idea. Although a special preview DVD for the series described scenes from Armada and Energon as past battles, and the biography included with the Japanese release of the Megatron toy notes that he has indeed absorbed Unicron's power, the series created by GONZO began afresh, rebooting the continuity and telling a story unrelated to Armada, Energon or any previous Transformers shows.

With Hasbro's toy biographies consistenly promoting the series as a continuation of Armada and Energon, there was some concern among fans over how the English dub of the series would handle the disconnect, if at all. Ultimately, the dubbed Cybertron series featured several alterations to confirm it as a continuation - for example, establishing that it was Unicron's destruction that created the black hole, repeatedly referring to Megatron's "Armor of Unicron", and most notably, inserting two new sequences of animation into the final episode, depicting the human characters from Armada and Energon to firmly tie the series together.

This procedure, however, was not perfect. Although the link was established in broad strokes, several specifics failed to line up between the series. Characters had new voice actors. Megatron and Starscream had sudenly returned to life after their seeming death in a sun at the end of Energon with no explanation. Characters made claims that were contradictory to earlier series - such as when Hot Shot professed not to know Wing Saber and when Optimus Prime claimed that he had never heard of two Autobots combining together; both things which had happened in Energon.

Seeking to iron out the inconsistencies, Hasbro biography writer Forest Lee began to explain these glitches through the Official Transformers Collectors Club's exclusive magazine. Through longer, more detailed biographies and the newsletter's comic strip, Lee established greater and greater ties between the series; noting, for example, that the black hole was specifically created by the collapse of the new sun created at the end of Energon, which allowed Megatron and Starscream to escape it; and explained that the black hole was a multiversal threat that warped reality itself, creating the memory glitches, personality shifts and differing voices that disconnected Cybertron from its predecessors. Lee carried on this process through other media as well, explaining the connection between Unicron, Planet X and the two differing depictions of Sideways in the Armada and Cybertron cartoons through a summary on the packaging for Soundwave's toy. Similarly enough, the final Galaxy Force DVD contains information provided by the director that also gives Planet X the same histories in the Japanese story. Planet X is stated to be the sparkless body of Unicron from a parallel universe, due to Master Megatron removing his spark. The agents of Planet X; Soundwave, Noisemaze and Soundblaster; are depicted as casualties from Unicron's attack on Cybertron in their universe's history which were resurrected to care for the planet in the absence of Unicron's spark. They unknowingly created a war world and when they foolishly unlocked the full power of the planet, it was destroyed in the process, stranding them in this universe. Soundwave, studying the data he found within Planet X's core, discovers the location of the Force Chips and hatched a plan to steal them for revenge against Gigalonia.

With these actions, Cybertron is established as part of the Armada and Energon universe, collectively referred to as the Unicron Trilogy.

19. Alpha Prime

Yes, in the comic book world, that is nice. But in the dub tv show, the black hole was caused by the destruction of unicron. The black hole destroying the past and what not is not a valuable excuse. The black hole described in the comic book would be a natural black, thus no supernatural effects.
    The destruction of the God of chaos, supernatural black hole.

20. flamepanther

...but we're not kids.
    No, anime is any and all animation produced in Japan. It is not a specific style of cartooning. That makes hating all anime in general even more ignorant prejudiced, because it isn't all the same. Not by a long shot.