Continuity In Last Ep Of Cybertron+

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DESTRUCTICON, Jan 29, 2007.

1. DESTRUCTICON

DESTRUCTICON Banned

Ebay:

I watched the last episode of Cybertron last week (missed it the first time around) and did anyone notice at the end when you see the Armada minicons with Carlos, Rad, & Alexis + right after it showed Energon Hotshot with Kicker. And they were ALL watching the ships leave!

I thought it was so cool. Expecially cuz you could see the kids grown up & the bots looked the same (cuz they dont age that fast).

Did anyone else notice this??

Also in the 1st ep of Armada, on cybertron you can see G1 beachcomber standing there with G1 Skyfire running up as bot mode & transforming into Jet mode. Then on Earth, instead of like Cybertron where the bots looked the same B4 they scanned their vehicles, Prime comes down sportin the G1 look! He had the exact same color scheme & placement. Also had the windows & smokestacks and lines on lower legs. I think it was G1 prime originally.

All that got me thinking that transformers continuity has longed since G1. Because from there we got G2, sane universe. Then came the Beast wars. Same universe as G1, + Beast Machines was the same as best wars. Then Robots in Disguise has predacons from Beast Wars and they talk about their Decepticon ancestors. At the last ep of RID they show us a minicon symbol to hint whats coming next. So that means Armada is in the same universe as RID. Then A + E + C. At the end of cybertron it shows all the human characters from the unicron triligies.

It does have alot of loose ends, but hey, its all connected. This is why I think ALL transformers are cool (so far) becuase they are all one in the same at the end of the day.

lmk what you guys think of my essay here. Thanks!

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Did they show Fred? I wonder if he got skinny and buff like the fat kid from Stand By Me.

3. DESTRUCTICON

DESTRUCTICON Banned

Ebay:
    :lol 

haha, no I didnt see him. I DID only see it once though. I suppose he could have been in the backround. I'll watch it again, just to find out more (TIVO:D  )

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I thought it was absolutely HORRIBLE they added the Armada kids and Kicker. That was my only problem with the dub really. Should have just left it the way it was made to be.

5. DESTRUCTICON

DESTRUCTICON Banned

Ebay:
    Im curious why? Why would it be horrible when all it is, is showing the kids that were on the same earth, watch their friends leave?

6. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    because it's not supposed to be the Optimus from Armada and Energon. Not the same Red Alert, not the same Jetfire, not the same Hot Shot. All of the sudden they forgot they have ever been on Earth and they don't know anything about Earth? It just doesn't make sense.

7. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

dont forget that when optimus and leobreaker first combine optimus didnt know that transformers could combine he was surprized about it

8. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  9. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

hmmm there is something to think about

10. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You guys do realise that in North America, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron are part of the same continuity?

11. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ya that is why I said I didn't like that about the dub of Cybertron.

12. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I, personally, loved that. GREAT throwback to my getting back into TFs. It made me happy inside. :lol 

13. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

it confirmed the plot holes, and watch the dvd that comes with classics prime&megs.......euwhhh...
    But he didn't have the Spark of Comination any longer either, so it can be overlooked
    hasbro forced them into a single continuity, with plot holes the size of cybertron

In GF, the characters are in their own special universe. in Cybertron, they're fightning a black hole that formed from the destruction of Unicron(not the Super Energon Star(tv ppl, tv)), eventhough unicron was destroyed in Galvatron's body by the SES. then at the begining of Cyb, we have a revived SS and Megatron. Landmine, Jetfire, Hotshot, and Red Alert act completely different. And everyone else is dumb founded about this "Earth" place. not to mention the minicon Jolt, which truely destroys the continuity.

14. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

The original idea was to have all three shows fit together in one continuity though. Superlink/Energon kinda ruined that when the writers changed the ending from the original planned ending of the destruction of Unicron causing a black hole. So Galaxy Force became a new continuity to get around the plot holes while Cybertron stayed with the original plans even though it caused some plot holes.

15. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

Bah three bad shows strung together and they still can't compare to the awesomeness of RiD

16. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, if Hasbro went with the original idea of Armada taking place after G1 Season 3, there would be enough plot holes to give you a good headache. :lol 

I personally watched the english version of Armada. It was alright. I really liked the animation in the last two episodes. If we had that quality through out Armada, it would of been better to watch. I tried watching Energon, but gave up around episode 25. I couldn't stand the dub at all. For Cybertron, I decided to watch the Galaxy Force anime, which I enjoyed alot.

17. DESTRUCTICON

DESTRUCTICON Banned

Ebay:
    wow this thread is cool now! Some good points fo show (for sure pun intended)

heres another point
    This is why I said it has LOTS of loose ends and untied knots. But your reasoning is acceptable.

I know dude, ME TOO! Fo show

But the best by Sparky Prime, IMO, which to me explains alot. *stupid Hasbro*
    The original idea was to have all three shows fit together in one continuity though. Superlink/Energon kinda ruined that when the writers changed the ending from the original planned ending of the destruction of Unicron causing a black hole. So Galaxy Force became a new continuity to get around the plot holes while Cybertron stayed with the original plans even though it caused some plot holes.

18. DESTRUCTICON

DESTRUCTICON Banned

Ebay:
    hey guys, thanks for making my thread interesting & COOL!

Its my 1st thread!

I would make one of my collection but they are all in boxes, casue I moved in temp somewhere and the pics I have are all seperate or photos of my collection room at my apartment last year. I had 1000 + toys MISB then out. All in one room. I even had all the super heroes Barbies and Beyonce! Loved that one!!!

Is there anyway I can put up the photgraphs of my collection last year?

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought the nods to the other series was neat, if tacked on. Only thing about it for me is it means there's apparently more than one Hot Shot, since the Energon version was hanging out with Kicker watching things. (Ironhide would've made as much or more sense, and with less conflict) Oh, well, maybe there is two Hot Shots - they do have different voices after all. :) 

A Minicon symbol showed up at the end of RiD? I musta missed that. Anyone able to elaborate ?

20. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Gonzo took it and made it their own. SOME plot holes, the whole show was a plot hole.