Contest Threads/Polls In TF General Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Joe Moore, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Over the last few days, myself and the staff had come to a decision to merge all of the Contest Polls into a single thread per round. This was not due to any members complaining. As a staff member here for almost 7 years, I know complaints come and go, with a lot of people never taking the time to review what they are complaining about. The decision was made because as a whole, the staff saw that these polls were taking up a lot of space in the Transformers General Discussion (TFGD) forum.

What we did not do, was take the time to thoroughly review the threads and their content prior to acting. This was not the fault of the staffer who merged the threads. He was just the staffer who happened to be on when the decision was made. It happens, it could have been me, could have been any other staff member. I realize this decision was made in haste. In laymen's terms, we screwed the pooch. I'm willing to take the heat for that decision. The contest polls have been bringing in some much needed discussion to the TFGD forum.

I have discussed this with situation with the Admins and some others, and we are going to allow the contest polls to go on. However, I ask that it be kept to 3 - 4 active threads at a time. This will help alleviate some of the clutter in the forum, but should allow the contest to continue to go on without much hassle. In the future, if another massive contest like this is to go on, please just run it by a Super Mod or Admin to let them know the scope of the thing.

----------------------------------

If anyone has any comments, concerns, questions, complaints...I ask that you contact me directly via Private Message.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This thread will be until 3-5-09.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.