Contest #8: Menasor vs Warpath

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jan 25, 2009.

?

Contest #8: Menasor vs Warpath

Poll closed Jan 26, 2009.
  1. Menasor

85.7%
  2. Warpath

14.3%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Contest #8: #2 Seed Menasor vs #15 Seed Warpath

Voting ends at 12:01 am(CT), January 26th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Menasor was meant to be the ultimate Decepticon weapon, and perhaps he would have been if not for the fatal flaw in his design. His mind was designed to merge together the psyches of the five Stunticons who compose his form, but the great depth of loathing the four limb components feel towards Motormaster has created a primal psychological rift and left Menasor an unpredictable mass of conflicting, chaotic impulses. Extremely powerful, mentally unstable, and prone to violent tantrums where he lashes out at anything in range, Menasor is not a weapon to point and fire, but a raging monster to turn loose on the battlefield and then get as far away from as possible.

Warpath is the stereotypical tank commander: loud, boisterous, skilled, confident, devoted to his buddies, and probably a little deaf. His armor is tremendously thick; his skull no less. He loves to show off by splitting hex nuts a mile and a half away, and he has an endless variety of special munitions to load in his prized main gun: cryogenic, acid, thermal, and sonic. His most favorite, however, are the simple explosive shells that go off with a huge explosion, KABOOM!

His gun...how Warpath loves his gun. Prominent and useful in both modes, she has saved his life countless times, and she gets only the best in return. How he loves to line her sights up precisely on a barely visible target, and KAZOWY! blow it to shrapnel with a single well-placed shell. A dud annoys him; a miss is near-fatal embarassment. A mere scratch to his gun's barrel keeps him up, late into the night, polishing it away. When on occasion his gun is damaged seriously enough to impair her function, he is practically inconsolable for weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In order to make it easier we are going to stick with using a POLL for all future rounds voting. It seemed to work rather well last round. Feel free to leave comments and bantor as well though.

I know this is a snoozer but that is the nature of a 2 seed vs a 15 seed. Make sure to take a look at the overall bracket now that 1 of the 4 sections will be completed for the first round!!

2. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I say Menasor.

3. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Ok let's break it down because this isnt as lopsided as it seems at first glance.

Strength = 10 vs 9
    Intelligence = 4 vs 5
    Speed = 2 vs 2
    Endurance = 9 vs 8
    Rank = 5 vs 5
    Courage = 9 vs 9
    Firepower = 9 vs 7
    Skill = 6 vs 10

Warpath is in red and actually has higher numbers for intelligence and skill. That being said is there anyone on this board that can even come up with a scenario in which Warpath could somehow come up with the upset.

I mean really? Does he have any shot at somehow breaking Menasor into its component bots. Even if he did, would he be able to take them out as 5 seperate bots. I'm stuggling to come up with any scenario in which Warpath could win even though it seems like they match up somewhat evenly with the numbers. So, the challenge is on! Someone come up with a way the upset could happen.

(My vote though still obviously goes to Menasor. Let the 2nd round speculation for this section of the bracket begin!!! :duel )

BTW!!! I still never heard a reasoning for the two that voted for Brawn over Optimus. Do you two want to stand up and explain your vote!!!???

4. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    is this fight really nessasary. The skills mean nothing in this fight. Any one bot with exceptions of Megatron taking down Predaking ( yeah right) would get stopmed into bits vs a combiner. ( Maybee not Galvatron because of his power but still)

you should left combiners outside because I mean this in the nicest way and that anyone voting for Warpath is an extrem fanboy of him or a complete idiot.

You should left combiners outside, or hade them as a separate subgroupe. Same goes for city bots if those are in.

5. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

i think menasor easy

6. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    yeah...I would have to say Menasor :p 

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    100% Menasor.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

My feeling has always been that tech spec stats for Combiners need to be interpreted to a degree. Endurance as relative to their size, and Strength... well... maybe a 10 just indicates that they're off the normal scale.

I have a hard time believing that Menasor is just a little notch stronger than Warpath. Also, we may note that among Strength 10 characters, there is still a HUGE degree of variance in their actual strength levels... just compare Predaking (500 tons) to Metroplex (70,000 tons), to Omega Supreme (300,000 tons... with ONE HAND!).

However, here's my take. Warpath is a crack shot, but Menasor is densely armoured and almost impervious to artillery. If Warpath was given sufficient range, he could probably drive Menasor into a berserk rage with sniper shots before the big guy could close distance. Unfortunately, neither of them are particularly fast, agile or smart. Warpath is not nearly stealthy or subtle enough to take advantage of Menasor's confusion, and would eventually end up being crushed... and probably stomped on repeatedly by the frustrated giant.

Frankly, I think even Motormaster vs Warpath would be stacked against him. Against Menasor, he'd be a nuisance at best.

To be honest, I think he's got a point. I'm not sure Combiners should even be part of this, since they aren't even truly individual characters.

zmog

9. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Are you kidding?

This is bad comedy. Again, another minibot turned into a slipper.....

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I qoute the episode "Masqurade"when the autobots get their fony menasor look of and Jazz says " hit him with everything" you have 5 autobots warriors including Prime hitting Menasor with all they have and the next frase is " everything is not enough" and Menasor goes berserk and say " Menasor not funny , Menaasor not laugh".

Besisdes Menaosr is armed with weapons under his arms so he dont even need to be close with the sword.

11. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I thought about who should and should not be included and I given the fact that we have 1-16 seeds and looking through everything for quite a while I decided I really wanted to include them. I agree the odds are with combiners to go far but the same could be said if I included all regular sized bots and then threw the leaders in (megs and optimus) or if i included all vehicle bots and then threw in the dinobots. It is a tournament so everyone is in and we will see who the last one standing is.

If we started qualifying who could be in or not we would have to have a tournament for just the casettes and a tournament for just the mini-cars and then one just for the seekers, and one for just the combiners, and just the leaders. Where do you draw the line. If you say its not fair to included combiners, than how is it fair to include leaders, dinobots, bases, etc. How is it fair to include seekers if the casettes are involved. I think you get my point.

It is a G1 tournament so that is the only rule.

Maybe in the future we will have a beast wars tournament or something. Would it be unfair to include those that became transmetals etc.

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Warpath has tremendous accuracy over extremely long ranges. He would get a LOT of free shots before Menasor even got close enough to use his cyclone gun. I don't think those free shots would do much though, besides piss him off. :) 

zmog

13. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    You just quoted two bots that could possibly take out menasor. So it is not a foregone conclusion. Maybe it will come down to all the combiners, leaders, and bases, is there anything wrong with that. Who knows we could have some upsets. We will have to wait and see!! Let the fun begin!

I think this section of the bracket is anything but decided!!! Look at who is involved in the 2nd round...

Omega Supreme, Ramjet, Ultra Magnus, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Slag, Blitzwing & Menasor. I think it sounds like a crazy interesting set of competitors ramming heads to see who the last one standing is!!!

14. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I agree and I also agree that the tech specs are not worth much when looking at bots of different sizes. I actually threw that out to kind of show how crazy they are. The tech specs make it seem like these two are identical lmao!!

15. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I'd say Menasor.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

Menasor takes this, but Warpath has much better stats than I remember.

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah its Menasor all the way. its kinda like David VS Goliath only David does not have a clue whats going on and Goliath can fly can has a rather big gun

18. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Menasor. This is a silly match up.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Winner = Menasor all the way!!!

20. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    OK we need some explanations Spiderus Prime & Wiggyof09!!

I have no problem with you voting for Warpath but please explain how he beats Menasor!!!