Contest #7: Blitzwing vs Inferno

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jan 24, 2009.

?

Contest #7: Blitzwing vs Inferno

Poll closed Jan 25, 2009.
  1. Blitzwing

87.2%
  2. Inferno

12.8%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Contest #7: #7 Seed Blitzwing vs #10 Seed Inferno

Voting ends at 12:01 am(CT), January 25th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blitzwing is loud. He likes to think he has a sense of humor, but what he considers funny is, more often than not, offensively cruel. Obnoxious, belligerent, and nasty, he makes even his fellow Decepticons feel uneasy. His anti-social tendencies can relegate Blitzwing to an outsider status. Due to his social isolation, he's able to see the bigger picture; he can see when his teammates are being played by unseen forces. Of course, if he thinks the trap is amusing enough, he might just let it happen anyway.

Inferno is one gung-ho robot, ready and willing to roll out into the thick of any action at the drop of a hat. If the mission is search and rescue he's one of the best bots to have around, but he's even happier when called on to fight. Nothing gets Inferno's circuits going like a one-on-one with a few Decepticon trouble makers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In order to make it easier we are going to stick with using a POLL for all future rounds voting. It seemed to work rather well last round. Feel free to leave comments and bantor as well though.

2. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Blitzwing has the better speed and firepower while Inferno is stronger and smarter.

I see Inferno just extinguishing Blitzwing's barrage until Blitzwing feels it necessary to transform. Unfortunately, he gets stuck in mid-transformation and Inferno fries him...

Winner=Inferno in an upset over our first triple changer!

3. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Blitzwing FTW.

4. AMG

AMG Old School

I'll go with Blitzwing here, but it would be a good match up.

5. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Alright while Inferno is one of my alltime favorites I'm giving this vote to Blitzwing. Inferno has great strength, heat resistance and all but look at Blitzwing's arsenal. I could see Blitzy firing off several rounds from afar as a tank, transforming to jet mode for a couple of strafing runs, then moving in to finish the kill with his scimitar. Nuff said.

6. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

My gut feeling is Blitzwing, not only is he one of my more favorite characters, but he's got better firepower and skill by a little bit. As a triple changer I see Blitzwing changing often to keep Inferno confused and guessing and eventually using his firepower to bring down Inferno. When Inferno starts to fire on him as he's a tank he'll transform and fly away and drop bombs on him. Or he can pull a stunt from animated and transform mid air and drop down and crush inferno. I see Blitzwing barraging Inferno with blasts in tank mode to get in close and use his sword in close combat to cause injury to Inferno, if Inferno is able to at least defend himself Blitzwing will use his speed and turn to jet mode and fly around and blast inferno for awhile.

Blitzwing for the win!!!!

7. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    You are calling for a lot of transformations, I am sticking with the whole getting stuck in mid-transformation angle. I saw the possibility for the reasoning for an upset and had to run with it!!!

I do find it odd though how every other matchup or speed against strength everyone has sided with the stronger opponent (Slag etc) but this time all of a sudden speed is more important than strength and intelligence...

8. krazy83karl

Transformations take seconds to complete, I doubt any transformer except for a few have the reaction speed to fire and hit while another is in mid-transformation.

9. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Agreed sir but it claims that Blitzwing was prone to get STUCK in mid-transformation!!

10. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    Blitzwing all the way!

11. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

This is another very good matchup. I vote Inferno for the upset, because I feel he has the armor and firepower to match up with Blitzwing decently, plus a bit more intelligence and skill(which certainly counts for something).

12. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Ooooo, toughest yet. Blitzwing by a hair.

13. krazy83karl

Ok, I'm gonna pretend that out of sheer luck he doesn't get stuck. If he DOES get stuck, then I'd give Inferno a good blast or two which may or may not end the fight. Its a tough fight and it could go either way if any one of them slips up. But since Blitzwing is one of my favorite characters I'll play the ignorant card and pretend that there is no way he can't get stuck in mid-transformation.

14. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Blitzwing is an ideall soldier. Inferno is a resuce bot who sometimes fight.

He is no were near the skilled level fo combat as Blitzwing, he also has no air mode so Blitzwing can bombard him from the air, and Inferno is also not eqiuped with a sword for close combat.

Blitzwing wins but Inferno could provide a decent fight but the odds on Blitzwing is to big.

15. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I am going to have to go with Blitzy on this one

16. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Blitzwing all the way.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Winner = Blitzwing

18. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Vlitzving.

19. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmm Blitz Wing who turns into a tank and can fire from 3.5 miles away and also turns into a jet fighter with heat seeking missiles VS Inferno the firetruck... with an extinguisher rifle thats only good for putting out fires and neutralising other beam guns. oh and water hose pipes...hmmm

even if Blitz wing didn't transform Inferno is screwed

20. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Final Count

Contest #7 is official with a final score of

Blitzwing - 34
    Inferno - 5

Pretty disappointing showing for Inferno. One final first round matchup in this section of the bracket left. (sorry if its a snoozer)
    Again, discussion can continue but all voting for this contest is FINAL at this time. For the overall grid or the next matchup check the "March Madness Tournament" or the "Contest 8" threads.