Contest #6: Slag vs Bluestreak

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jan 23, 2009.

?

Contest #4: Slag vs Bluestreak

Poll closed Jan 24, 2009.
  1. Slag

77.8%
  2. Bluestreak

22.2%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Contest #6: #6 Seed Slag vs #11 Seed Bluestreak

Voting ends at 12:01 am(CT), January 24th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Slag is the Dinobot most likely to live up to the team's bad reputation. Slag is surly, mean-spirited, nasty, and disturbingly violent, to the point where it really is a wonder he's not a Decepticon. Slag will fight anyone, over anything, at the drop of a microchip, and fight dirty. Slag enjoys nothing more than reducing his enemies (and he's more than willing to include annoying Autobots on that list) to pools of molten metal with his fire-breath. He'd swim in the pools to celebrate if he could.

None of the Dinobots really like Optimus Prime, but he and Sludge share an especially intense dislike of him. But it's not just Prime's orders he questions. He'll even mouth off at Grimlock every now and then, but somehow does not end up as scrap or lunch. Slag's bad attitude means the rest of the Autobot forces are unlikely to come to his aid when he bites off more than he can chew.

Bluestreak is a talker. He talks a lot. Any subject, any time of the day, his lips are flapping while his Autobot comrades are rolling their eyes. Could be about things on Earth, could be about things on Cybertron, could be about just about anything, but the point is, y'know, he's talking. Words are coming out of his mouth in a near constant prattling stream. Some think he's vapid, that his mouth just moves a billion times faster than his brain, if his brain is moving at all. Or they imagine that he's a fool who doesn't know when to shut up, that he drones on and on and on and on because maybe he just likes to hear himself speak or something.

His friends realize, however, that his jabbering hides a deeper pain. At the beginning of the war, Bluestreak's home city was totally destroyed by Decepticons. He was the only survivor. It's as if by talking he tries to drown out his own fears and memories somehow. "There's some demons runnin' loose inside that boy," says Hound, "and sometimes I think they grab hold of him and won't let him go." He hated war, he still does, but ever since, he's hated Decepticons even more. It is odd to see a bot of peace so willingly take up arms, but Bluestreak's got a score to settle.
    Talk may be cheap, but it keeps him sane.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In order to make it easier we are going to stick with using a POLL for all future rounds voting. It seemed to work rather well last round. Feel free to leave comments and bantor as well though.

2. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Winner: Slag. He just has too many combat skills.

Bluestreak might just have some mental flashback and end up crying in the corner somewhere, rather than fight.

3. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

Thats funny its not slag its snarl. ether way i would have to give it to the dinobot.

4. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I'd say Slag, Dinobots tend to be stronger than most Autobots.

5. AMG

AMG Old School

The Dinobot would make short work of Bluestreak.

6. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

I think this one would be quite a bit closer of a match then most would think. Bluestreak could definitely annoy the piss out of slag with his constant jabbering and he definitely does have the firepower, actually better firepower, than slag. I think Slag is definitely more skilled in combat and stronger, I have Slag winning this one because of those attributes, but I think Bluestreak could definitely give him a fight.

7. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Bluestreak

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Slag with the flame thrower for the win.

9. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    winner=slag
    no contest

10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Slag.

11. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This is a more interesting matchup, I think I'll have to go for Slag.

12. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Bluestreak is Smarter, Faster, had more Endurance and has greater Firepower. Slag will want to keep his distance so he doesnt have to listen to Bluestreaks incessant talking. Bluestreak will use his smarts to keep Slag at a distance and than use his superior firepower (Fire Bombs and Lightning like beams) to take slag out from that distance negating the only thing Slag has going for him...Strength.

Bluestreak wins in an upset!

13. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Bluestreak ftw.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Winner: Slag

15. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Slag. Bluestreak's jabbering would annoy him so much that he'd melt Bluestreak into a puddle to shut him up.

16. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Going purely on the tech spec info Bluestreak should take this handily. If he's smart enough not to engage Slag in close combat all he has to do is run away and hammer him with his superior range weaponry.
    I suspect if you went by actual on screen and panel feats then Bluestreak would get pummeled.

17. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is the truth. Bluestreak COULD take Slag if he was smart enough to use his talents and keep away from him. Problem is it would only take one mistake and Slag would melt him into nothing. Slag wins

JL

18. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Slag all the way.

19. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Wow, I must say I am shocked at the results this far. I thought Bluestreak would be much more of a threat to Slag. I wonder if all dinobots get overated just because they are dinobots...

Bluestreak is smarter faster and has better weaponry especially from distances. I realize in hand to hand Slag would win, but why would Bluestreak ever let it get that close?

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    because Slag could say he couldn't hear him, then Blue/Silverstreak would get closer. Plus, is this an arena match? Slag's flamethrower's range is pretty substantial going off TTM