Contest #3: Grimlock vs Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jan 20, 2009.

1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Contest #3: #5 Seed Grimlock vs #12 Seed Ironhide

Voting ends at 12:01 am(CT), January 21st, 2009.

[For an up to date bracket check the thread titled "March Madness Tournament - Transformers Style"]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grimlock
    Some Autobots wonder why Grimlock is even on their side. His disposition is much more suited to the Decepticons. After all, he values power and strength over wisdom and compassion, and furthermore, he doesn't really get along with most Autobots. When faced with a problem, his usual responses are to slice it with his energo-sword, tear it to pieces with his bare hands, or outright eat it. He is more willing to accept casualties than most of the Autobot leadership, and doesn't seem particularly concerned about the fleshies either. These things, coupled with his dislike of Optimus Prime, have led to a defection or two on Grimlock's part. He'd have no problem offing the Autobot leader if he thought he could get away with it, though.

What the Autobots don't realize is that the only thing he hates more than weakness is those who abuse their strength, meaning when push comes to shove, Grimlock will always fall in on the right side of the fence. And despite their disagreements, Grimlock holds a respect for Prime's strength and leadership.

Grimlock is the leader of the Dinobots, a small but powerful strike squad. Grimlock himself is extremely strong and durable, and is one of the few Transformers who can not only stand toe-to-toe with Optimus Prime and Megatron, but actually give them a run for their money. Despite his strength and prowess, Grimlock continually struggles with his pronouns.

Irohnhide
    One of the oldest and toughest Autobots, and has been on Optimus Prime's team for a long time. "They don't make them like they used to" is an apt description of Ironhide—he's yesterday's model, but he's built to last.
    Gruff and ornery, he prefers actions to words, and dislikes talk for talk's sake. (He wouldn't enjoy being paired up with Bluestreak.) But though he may be rough around the edges, he's still optimistic and upbeat. The upside to being through more than your share of trouble means trouble ain't so big a scare anymore.

Ironhide's most distinctive ability is the water gun, a weapon which can generate and shoot a liquid of virtually any type. Liquid nitrogen is historically a favorite, but there have been acids, mortar, and more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologize if some matchups appear lopsided to some but that is the nature of the beast with first round matchups in tournaments. I do believe we will see some upsets in this first round though and future rounds may give us some interesting matchups for sure.

In order to make it easier from my end PLEASE remember when voting to use the following format...

Winner = Character's Name

2. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

but prahm!

3. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Are you voting for Ironhide or just making a joke?

4. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

Haha i think he's making a joke. I wouldn't worry about it being a vote or not unless its in your said format.

Winner = Grimlock

Ironhide I think is very skilled and crafty and could take an upset to many fights, but unfortunately I don't think he could be quite up to the task of making an upset over on of the most bad ass bots there are. Grimlock is way too strong and powerful and would just man handle Ironhide in only god knows how many ways.

5. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    winner=ironhide

People will choose the obvious as grimlock being so strong but ironhide is alot smarter and not a weakling either. I think ironhide would win in a close fight.

6. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Winner = Grimlock

Ironhide is crafty, strong and resiliant, but like you said, Grimlock can take it up to Prime and Megatron.

I had one of these tournament things over at seibertron. It excluded the leaders and came down to Shockwave beating Grimlock in the final

Regards

JL

7. Deemer

Deemer Well-Known Member

Winner=Ironhide

Ironhide's the Swiss army knife of the Autobots. I think if he keeps his distance and hits Grimlock with his glue and liquid nitrogen and kept on pounding him he would be able to wear Grimmy down.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Winner = Grimlock

Gimlock is smarter than most people/bots believe.

9. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

winner grimlock

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Winner = Ironhide

11. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

As shown on the data cards, Grimlock and Ironhide have the same Intelligence (7). Grimlock is not an idiot, as crafty as Ironhide might be, Grimlock is battle smart as well. On top of that, Grimlock is immensely powerful, both physically and ballistically.

Winner = Grimlock

*Note: Had Grimlock been in the first Bay movie, the Decepticons would've been beaten.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Cartoon universe Winner=Ironhide .

Comic Universe's Winner=Grimlock

13. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Winner=Grimlock, becuase him Grimlock badass.

14. AMG

AMG Old School

Winner = Grimlock

15. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Ironhide!

"How 'bout I plug some humility into ya with mah fists!"

A lesson long overdue for Grimlock to learn.

16. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Winner= Grimlock

17. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    winner = Grimlock

Even though Ironhide might be smarter Grimlock is plain stronger and won't give up in a fight

18. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Their specs state both have an intellect of 7.

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

winner = GRIMLOCK

Ironhide's no slouch, and he's as tough as nails... but Grimlock is pretty unstoppable. I see this going the way of a particularly messy Sin City style rumble... with a frustrated and impatient Grimlock stomping on Ironhide "Me say you stay DOWN!!", and Ironhide in a gnarled heap of shrapnel and spurting hydraulic fluids, still cussing Grimlock up and down, and trying to tear the plating off Grim's boot with his teeth. :) 

(Hmmm... maybe that's more Monty Python, than Sin City...)

Grimlock totally outclasses Ironhide, but that don't mean Ironhide's gonna go down like chump. He'll fight all the way into oblivion.

zmog

20. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

In terms of brute strength and sheer power: Grimlock by far.

In terms of everything else: Ironhide.