Contest #1: Omega Supreme vs Rumble

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jan 18, 2009.

1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Contest #1: #1 Seed Omega Supreme vs #16 Seed Rumble

Voting ends at 12:01 am, January 19th, 2009.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Omega Supreme:
    Known for his great strength and greater courage, Omega Supreme is the Autobots’ last line of defense against the Decepticons. He will stand unwaveringly against overwhelming odds, and although outwardly grim, he is known by those with enough insight to actually relish the enormity of his task – Omega knows that if he falls, it is unlikely there will be any remaining Autobots to take his place, but he would not have it any other way.

In robot mode, Omega Supreme has incredible strength, able to shatter a mountainside with a single blow and lift 300,000 tons with his clawed arm. In place of his left hand, he is armed with a plasma blaster that can pulverize steel, supplemented with an additional laser cannon mounted on the rear of his head with a range of fifty miles. Intensely durable, his armoured hide is resistant to all energy beam and non-nuclear explosive attacks. When he transforms, Omega splits his body into three components – his body becomes a laser cannon tank, which acts as perimeter patrol for the rocket base formed by his legs and backpack, which is in turn capable of launching his third component, a rocket formed from his arms, into planetary orbit. Although immensely powerful, Omega is physically slow and his rocket mode is grossly fuel inefficient.

Rumble:
    is your basic street punk. Small, but always acting tough as a cover. Not exactly the most subtle of Soundwave's spies, but what he lacks in discretion, he makes up for by being the brawler of the group. He talks tough because he is tough. Quick-tempered and of a generally mean disposition, he follows Megatron eagerly, as the Decepticon leader lets him indulge in destruction. Rumble has a tendency to toss out a taunting rhyme at his enemies and is, according to Brawn, a "jerk" (or at other times, a "sawed-off nerd").

As the Decepticon demolitions expert, Rumble loves nothing more than to break things apart. His arms can transform into powerful piledrivers that, when pounded against the ground, can cause earthquakes, usually with fissures. He can be easily overpowered in a one-on-one match, though the real challenge is actually getting to him first. Even if you do, you usually need to get through his brother Frenzy either before or after you get Rumble.

2. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    1st Vote: This is how all votes should be cast...only votes cast in this format will be counted!!

I have to go with the sheer size factor in this matchup. Granted this first contest is a 16 seed vs a 1 seed so it may seem lopsided to a lot of you. However, I could see some people voting for Rumble...

Winner = Omega Supreme

3. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

2nd vote

omega supreme

4. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Sorry this may seem picky at first but please make sure you are putting your votes in this format so I can make sure of which ones to count and which are just part of discussions.

WINNER = CHARACTERS NAME

Thanks for participating!! I hope this can interest people and get some debates/discussions going.

5. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Winner Omega Supreme :D 

6. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    1/3 of the way through the voting and the score is

Omega Supreme - 3
    Rumble - 0

(Unfortunately almost 50 people have viewed this but only 3 have cast a vote. Hopefully, numbers go up now that daytime has arrived)

Please dont not vote just because you think the winner is obvious...I will be keeping track of scores, highest vote totals and margins as we go through...

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Hands down... the winner is... OMEGA SUPREME!!!

8. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    The number of ways the Omega Supreme could utterly destroy Rumble...just unfathomable. It's like trying to count the stars in the sky.

WINNER=OMEGA SUPREME

9. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    The number of ways the Omega Supreme could utterly destroy Rumble...just unfathomable. It's like trying to count the stars in the sky.

WINNER=OMEGA SUPREME

10. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but keeping track of the win margin only reflects the size of the voting pool. Win percentage is the only way to determine who is more dominating. This will be 100% for omega (at least for serious voters). Perhaps another matchup would provide info or discussion.

11. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Ya, I agree - I was not saying I would go by margin for sure - I will probably just post the totals in the bracket next to the names. And I agree 100% that future matchups will cause much more discussion. But alas, we do have to get through some of the 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15 seed matchups. Trust me though as we get closer to 8 vs 9 the discussions should heat up!!

Thanks for the input and everyone else for participating. Hopefully as we go through we can catch some momentum!

By the way, are you casting a vote?? (I know it seems obvious but you didnt say for sure so I want to be able to count it)

12. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Well-Known Member

Since Rumble isn't Laserbeak I'll have to go with ...

Winner = Omega Supreme

13. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

It's possible Rumble could create an earthquake, that made Omega fall, and while Omega was on the ground, Rumble pile-drived his face in........OK I'll stop.
    :rolleyes: 

Winner = Omega

14. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    HAHAHA - I was actually thinking the same thing but was afraid if I posted it people would hurl bundles of unstable energon at me lmao

15. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    This.

WINNER=OMEGA SUPREME

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    OS, despite sucking, would kill Rumble in a fight.

So even though Omega's the winner, Rumble is still awesome for his punkness.

It was actually Buzzsaw, I believe.

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Winner = Omega Supreme

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Sorry to be a wet blanket, but may I ask what the point of this is? Especially pitting two dramatically different size characters against each other?

And on that Rumble pic -- what's that from, the UK comic? Gotta love how comic artists ignore the laws of physics.

19. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

See the other thread. This is a "March Madness" tournament(similar to the USA College/University Basketball national championship tournament-to explain for our friends in other countries who might not know) to see who is the best robot in the cosmos, which is why we have #1 seed OS against #16 seed Rumble. The OP should put a full seeding chart up in the other thread for further perusal and then go one at a time(as he is doing now).

Oh, and btw:
    Winner=Omega Supreme(by two points in overtime, 'cause Rumble is scrappy)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  20. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking just revealing each one at a time might make it more exciting with possibly people speculating about what the other matchups might be but would everyone rather have the whole bracket revealed at once??

And btw - Rumble almost recieved his second technical foul with a few minutes left in the game but than he created an earthquake and the referee fell through the cracks never to be heard from again!!!

Good eye - it is from the UK comic - Missing in Action. Did the other explanation clear things up for you for the reasoning for the mismatch in size etc?