Contacting TF Source

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatroptimus, Oct 13, 2011.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I emailed them about my collection (the website indicates they do buy collections) at the beginning of the summer, never got a response.

Now I placed an order that I want to modify, no reply at all. Worst, my order was paid for last Friday and it still hasn't shipped.

2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I think I read a while back that they reply 1x a week.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Get ready to hear a million and one excused protecting the businesses.

I found the recent trend has been raise the prices and offer less service. Thank god Mario at Automaton Toys still has the CS level there but alas his prices fell victim to the BBTS price hikes too :( 

4. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    TF Source was always great to me until I nicely asked to cancel some preorders after I lost my job at one point (I even stated that I knew I might be SOL given their policies, but figured I'd ask). They basically said "Here's your money, f$ck you, now don't come back or order from us ever again".

So I never did.

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    LOL... damn.... no wonder people thought BBTS had good client service. By comparison they do!

We need some better companies to deal with.

6. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    Basically said? What was actually said?

7. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I hope they respond, I just want to cancel 2 items to buy another that's more expensive instead. I'm offering them more money!

8. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    In the UK we're lucky, sure, we have to pay more for EVERYTHING shipped from the US or Japan, but we have Andy at kapow toys, he's my one stop shop guy.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I've dealt with TFSource and have never gotten anything but good CS from them. The FU seems more perceived than an actuality.

@Alucard. I agree. We need to support smaller, yet reliable, companies that need to offer lower prices to get business. Alas people are drawn to BBTS like addicts to a crack house.

10. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    The last time I ordered from them, they took forever to ship an item out. That's why I'm so hesistant of ordering sometimes from them. As far getting a response from them, it's tricky, you got to keep pushing them to answer you.. that's what i did.

11. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Slightly inaccurate since I'm not gonna dig out a year old email, but the more accurate version would be "Our policy is not to refund preorders, but we will this time." This part was nice of them, and I had stated that I understood their policy was that they did not, hence asking.

However, this was followed by "Please refrain from ordering from our site in the future, any attempts at placing orders may be cancelled."

I took this as "we don't want your business." So now I go elsewhere. :shrug:

12. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Duh... They finally emailed me back saying CA-05 wasn't in stock yet, yet it definitely was advertised as such when I placed my order. Sucks. They still completely ignored my request to modify my order.

13. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:

Working on it guys :thumb 

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Good job. I tell you , with the greed the big boys are showing they are really opening the door for the little man/ new store to prosper.

15. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just ordered from them last week and item shipped out next day and arrived this last Monday via Fedex. One of the items had a couple of minor flaws out of the package so I emailed them, they got back to me the same day and have shipped out replacement parts for me. This is very typical of the service I have gotten from them since 2004 when I started placing orders.

16. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFSource has always been pretty good to me. Their replies definitely aren't "prompt", but whether it's sending out replacement parts, or... they seem to accommodate situations and do so appropriately.

It also seems like they respond way faster once the line of communication has been opened on something.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    My experience with TFSource has been the same as the last two posts. Except it take 2-3 weeks for the item to get to Canada. But they always reply to me promptly (but that may be because I give them a day or two) and if I have any issues they resolve them. They even help me get around paying duty which is a beautiful thing for us Canadians.

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I wouldn't touch TF Source with a 10-foot pole.

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Including the "Whys" to your statement tends to help in convincing your audience.

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I've learned in any fandom that the majority of the people are pretty set in stone as far as opinions and matters go. My story and ScottyP's story isn't going to change a lot of minds about buying from TFSource.

I had a similar issue as him, but mine was a medical issue. Had to pay for some care and I couldn't pay for a pre-order so I asked to cancel. The email was nice until they had to remind me that I need to read the pre-order policy, which I did, no less than three times, and also telling me that they'll cancel this time but I pretty much better not do it again.

Pretty much the last part of the email made it feel like it was MY fault that I needed medical care, like I needed to plan my life around needing to pay for medical care at a very specific time in my calender year. I'm not barred from ordering there, but I doubt I'll do it again if that's the tone they want to take with me.