Contacted Hasbro and got an offical Email back about Animated!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Jumpstart17, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Jumpstart17

Jumpstart17 Legacy of Bumblebee......

I wrote a email to hasbro about how I was upset about hearing that they were canceling the show and the toys and so forth over a week ago. This is what I said....

My main point for writing this is to tell you that WE, as a family, LOVE the animated line of toys and cartoons and would like to hear that you are not canceling since we are getting conflicting reports around what is and is not going to be out.
    It has come to my attention that some of your Transformers animated products ARE being canceled. I'm am a HUGE fan of this series seeing that my husband and I grew up with our own versions of Transformers and have a younger child at home that cannot fully get into the Universe and movie line of your toys. She gets excited going to the store and the first place she wants to go is the transformers toys and see if she can get a new bumper battler, Soundwave is the newest one we're looking for and she will tell you that. My Husband also collects the other lines, but the first one he looks for is the animated that the family can share.
    She talks about Bulkhead with her friends, who also collects with their dad, and he was also sad hearing that you are going cancel something that his son gets excited about playing with.
    I would like to get some clarification about if and when the line will be ending, because I would like to be sure to get ahold of the toys we don't have before they are gone!

Thanks for the many happ memories you've given my family.
    Sincerly,
    Erin

I checked my email this morning and TADA!!! I got a AWESOME response!!!

Hi Erin,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding our Transformer products, specifically the Animated line.

We are very happy to hear how much you and your family enjoy the products. Please be assured our records indicate that the Animated product line is not cancelled. As it stands, the product line is moving forward. Although this is subject to change, they are still currently being made.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. Please be assured we have forwarded your comments to our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

I was happy! I know things can change of course, but maybe if hsabro gets enoughof these it will really make a differance!!

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Well to me, that sounds like they just mean they are being produced, as in still in stores. Which they are, for now.

3. Maniacal Matt

Maniacal Matt Got pie?

Good detective work Jumpy.

4. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

i don't think the line is actually cancelled, per se, i think they're just making shelf room for the movie toys for the rest of the year.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I sure hope they will at least finish off making the Animated toys they had plans for before we get the news that Animated, both the show and the toy line, is being canceled.

6. StarscreamKills

StarscreamKills TF Shrink

Ebay:
    Meta-Question about TF Series in General

Hey all!

From bits and pieces you may (or may not) have gotten this about me. Like Jumpy, I'm an adult and married (though children are our three kitties that are perennial three y/o!) who grew up with G1. I like TFA as it's a real twist on the usual line and character roles.

Instead of two sides fighting, as in two basically military forces, that engage in unconventional/non-positional warfare (i.e., TFs aren't concerned with ruling geopolitical areas, but rather more mission-centered objectives like get Minicons, Planet Keys, Energon, etc.), they're an unlikely group of crime-fighters and D-cons aren't so much nasty robotic insurgents as super-powered villains that our plucky maintenance crew-turned-crime-fighters have to beat. A sort of "Transformers 80s" + "The Incredible Tales of the Amazing Spider-Man" = "Transformers: Animated." Really neat and fun as I loved both of those growing up!

However as I was doing other things while Armada-Cybertron series were airing, I'm watching them for the first time now (along with TFA) and I noticed something - they tend to go about only one to two seasons a piece. So my "meta-question" is this: Do most TF series only go about 1-3 seasons? And if so and TFA only goes three seasons, could that really be considered a failure - or even could it be called a fore-planned event?

I know that's lots of "shotgunning" the question (i.e., doubling/treeing a question in the middle of asking it), but what do you all think about that? Is this really an acceptable procession of how the Hasbro series of series goes? I don't know, so please advise.

7. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My gut feeling is that is what is happening too.

Also I have a feeling that Transformers: Animated will end in name only. A new Transformers cartoon will take Animated's place that can be viewed as a stand alone series for those who didn't watch Animated or a continuation of Animated for those who did watch. For example at the end of Animated Optimus is given command of the Elite Guard and the next show is Optimus as commander of the Elite Guard. The "animated" style toys go back on the shelves following the movie line running it's course in support of the new series.

At least that is what I hope happens because I do like the series but not the aesthetic of the toys and the money save on Animated has allowed me to almost complete my G1 collection of the Season 1-3 characters.

8. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a lot of people are disapponted about Animated's 3 Seasons that animated doesn't compare to the amount of Episodes. G1 in the US was really 3 seasons plus a 5 episode 4th season with approximately 100 episodes. Beast Wars was 3 Seasons with around 75 episodes. RID wa a filler series that lasted 1 season I think and I am not sure about the number of episodes. The A/E/C trilogy could be viewed as 3 Seasons with Armada as one, Energon as one, and Cybertron as one with around 150 episode. Compared to that the 3 Seasons and maybe 30-40 episodes is really nothing.

As I said n my preivous post I think Animated will end after season 3 and be continued in a new series with a new name that can be viewed as a stand alone series as well.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'd say the same thing, that a sequel series is essentially season 4, except reports are saying that the production team is currently cutting dialog that creates ties to said theoretical season. I'd love the show to continue in some capacity, but the future looks bleak, show-wise.

10. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Well its good to get the letters in like people have said, they make take notice.

11. StarscreamKills

Ebay:
    Thank you for that clarification, however I need a bit more to "start to get it." I saw all of the Armada series, which through Netflix was eight DVDs with about 7-8 shows each one. I had to buy Cybertron as Netflix doesn't carry it (has a listing, but no actual discs), which is seven discs with 8 episodes for six of them and only 4 for the last one.

With Energon, I got a bum deal b/c the disc set release is four discs of about 4 shows each. The Netflix self-critique section for Energon had viewers say that it was only about 1/3 the televised series or the whole series minus one third of it. All I know is I've seen three of the four discs now and between 2 & 3 was a big disjunction with a small piece that tries to patch over missing shows. So help me, please, am I seeing only one-third or the series minus one-third or something entirely else?

Also, it sounds like my soon-to-be disc series of Season I and II will be quite small like what I'm experiencing with Energon? I got the first "Transform & Roll Out" and am waiting on the two seasons. How many shows per season can I expect?

Thank you for helping with this! It's a real bummer not having Cartoon Network! :( 

12. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the Energon discs you are getting it sounds like you are getting the individual discs that were releasesd while the show was still on the air.

Like these ones:
    Transformers: Energon - Battle For Energon - DVD
    Transformers: Energon - Omega Supreme [FS] - Fullscreen - DVD
    Transformers: Energon - Return of Megatron - DVD
    Transformers: Energon - Shockblast Unleashed - DVD

If you want to watch the entire series from start to finish of Energon you will want this one.
    Transformers: Energon Ultimate Collection (7 Disc) - DVD

That said if NetFlix didn't have Cybertron they most likely won't have Energon then since it only came out in mid December 2008.

Which make me remember that I should pick up Energon myself.

13. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah as for Animated, not counting Transform and Roll Out Season 1 and Season 2 are both 13 episodes each. So you can expect 26 episodes total.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    since blackout was annouced figured that arcee and electrostatic soundwave are being delayed due to their rotf counterparts.

i think animated will still be around till the toys are almost all done.

15. StarscreamKills

Ebay:
    Thank you! Yes, that must be what Netflix did [get the DVDs as they came out] as those are the ones they send. First was Battle, Second was rise, and third was Shockblast [BTW, he's an annoying nut! The toy's cool, but he seems like such an unfun narcissist/sociopath that just makes you say, "Yeah, kill him or put him back in jail!"]. Haven't gotten to Omega Supreme one, but yeah it seems that's next.

Do you think getting the 7 DVD series was/is worth it? I like it as a series, but then have doubts too...

16. StarscreamKills

Ebay:
    Thanks! Now I know what to expect. Well, with this one I'll probably have to buy Season three too as I don't get CN. :( 

17. StarscreamKills

Ebay:
    Arcee will have a role besides just releasing a cool pink-purple bike? That'd be cool...

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, she's more then that, although the toy from the unused concept art is not the figure in the new movie. She's a whole different bot, that's for sure.

19. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can u post where u sent your letter too?

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Great news.

I'm just glad we're getting an Arcee fig that's NOT a bike, but a car for once.