Constructions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, May 11, 2009.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Of the five Constructicons that we have seen (Scrapper is definitely the yellow robot in the trailer), which one looks to coolest to you? (either CGI or toy doesn't matter).

Also, who are your favorites/how they should be ranked team-wise?

I like how Mixmaster looks as a toy :scalper , and how Long Haul looks in the movie/game AWESOME :drool: 

I think that the ranking goes:

1. Mixmaster
    2. Demolisher/Scavenger
    3. Rampage
    4.Scrapper
    5. Hightower
    6. Long Haul

Mixmaster and Demolisher/Scavenger are interchangable as is Scrapper and Rampage. Hightower doesn't seem all that important seeing how we haven't seen him at all (except for his toy vehicle mode) and the trailer is only him as Devy's arm. I still think that he should have been named "Hook" and not Hightower (wasn't Hightower an Autobot?) even if the alt modes aren't accurate between the movie and cartoon versions, it's better than naming him Hightower :crazy: 

Long Haul is set at the bottom because he has seemed to be the water bottle kid on the team sort of character: He carries the stuff around and is rarely allowed to fight. I would like to see LH in action, but his bio and previous incarnations have suggested "water bottle boy".

Anyway, the Constructicons are my most looked forward to Decepticons next to Soundwave and Ravage.

2. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    My favorite is Hightower. He could be a steaming pile, and i would love him just on the basis that he is a crane. Long Haul is equally bitchin' though. The new voyager class toy proves this.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Long Haul is by far my favorite design of the Movie-verse CC's, and is actually my favorite from all the new Decepticon designs. Here's how I rank them currently (taking both on-screeen and toy looks into consideration):

1.Long Haul
    2.Mixmaster
    3.Rampage
    4.Demolishor
    5.Scrapper
    6.Hightower

I currently plan on getting at least three Long Haul toys. Voyager class, Fast Action Battler, and RPM. I'm gong to wait and see how the Robot Hero looks in-person, and I have a feeling if we get a Legends class version of him, that I'll be getting that one too. He looks awesome on-screen, and I like how big he is compared to Megs. It's going to be cool to see how he moves on land, and how he combines with the others to form Devs.

I think it's one of those situations where they couldn't use the name Hook, and decided to go with Hightower, as it makes sense for the alt-mode, and is a name they can still use.

4. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Long Haul is my fave thus far.

5. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

Long Haul, hands down. Dude looks like he could seriously take some names. Don't know enough, other than looks, of the other bots to "rate" them.

6. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I think Long Haul looks excellent, he has a really brutish, brick-wall presence about him, and he is much more well-armoured than any of the other movie designs, but the others don't really do it for me. I hope the crane-bot is a good design.

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

Long Haul.

8. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Yea, I was impressed when I saw the Josh Nizzi artwork and I was thinking "Wow that's a pretty cool design. Something like this actually could go into the movie." Look at where that ended up!

I REALLY hope that we can play as him in the game with his dual flamethrowers. And online: CoD 5 all over again lol.

9. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    He's definitely playable. They probably wouldn't show him in the trailer doing cool shit and then decide, "let's scrap a character we have everything already done for!!!!1!!111!". They did do that to Brawl and Bonecrusher in the first (console) game, though.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I REALLY like all of the constructicons so far, all of 'em look awesome and unique but if I HAD to pick one it would be Mixmaster, love the cement barrel shields and his crown like head design.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The first time I saw Bonecrusher I was hooked to the Constructicons, but then later I saw Josh Nizzi's input on Longhaul's design & at that point I went bonkers! Knowing that the constructicons will not only be in the movie, but also have a decent role in ROTF is past my expectations. I'm still trying to convince myself that scrapper will be my favor COn, but w/ all honesty right now i cannot choose, I mean they all family!
    So far it looks like Rampage will be very similar to BOnecrusher just judging from the cgi art packaging from toy box, and also this quote from wikipedia;
    " He will not be resurrected in the sequel, so he will not be a member of the Constructicons like he was in the original series. The name to be used for the bulldozer in the sequel is Rampage["Or, maybe Rampage will be my fav. :confused: What can i say the constructicons rocked in G1, & looks like it will continue in ROTF!!

Attached Files:

12. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

I don't know if he'll be playable or not, but I definitely think he'd be a boss battle.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Demolisher for the trailer.

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I haven't seen hightower yet to take him into the consideration.

Thus so far, I like Scrapper's design best.

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Mixmaster has been my favourite so far, Demolisher a close second.

16. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, but why would they show a boss character beating up drones in a trailer featuring all other playable characters?

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was a playable character, and I really hope he is (it does make sense). The dual flamethrowers are a little out of left field, imo, but they look awesome. Would be cool to see his Voyager toy have them too, but I have a feeling it won't. Though it shouldn't be too hard to kitbash a pair of them for him. Maybe even with some shooting flames :D 

Scrapper and Hightower may end up getting higher spots on my overall list, as we haven't seen enough of these to to really form a full opinion about them yet. I'm anxious to see what their toys look like.

18. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    first of all it's spelled: Constructicons....

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yeah, Long Haul is teh shit, especially with his uber dual-flame-throwers.

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Heres a question, will the constructicons be the big bots in ROTF? i am picturing them as the bodyguards of the Decepticon team since their vehicles are huge!!