Constructicons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by takua, Jun 27, 2009.

1. takua

takua Dude who pops up whenever

News Credits:
    In the movie the constructicons form devastator but at the same time they are at the village.
    Are there like two sets of constructicons or what?

2. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    2 or 3 sets. and you'll notice that not all of them are duplicated. it's safe to assume that Long Haul, Mixmaster, Hightower and Scrapper were separate from the 7 that combined into devastator.

3. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I don't care how many sets of them there are, watching the transformation scene into Devastator was so fucking awesome!

4. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I think it's safe to assume that the actual Constructicons never combine. Just vehicles that look like them.

5. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

It was probably the first thing each saw that was their mass equivalent when coming from Cybertron. The first constructicons when they saved Megatron, and then again the ones that form Devastator when they arrive at the pyramids. So in theory it is definitely acceptable.

6. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    yeah when you watch the movie you see why they're are a few actual Constructicon figures coming out, and then why Supreme dev doesn't have alt modes, b/c the bots that form dev never show their bot modes just stictly vehicle

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    If this were G1, then they would be called "animation / continuity errors" and a tribute as to how crappy that old series was.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

My theory is that the ones that form Devastator are the same ones that save Megatron, and the second set are recent arrival Protoforms that scanned the previous ones in vehicle mode. It is possible to do this as seen in RiD.

9. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

wait, didnt soundwave skan alt modes for everybody? way to drop the ball, soundwave!

10. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Here's what I noticed. In the devs combination scene, he combined with either 6 or 7 robots. I am not sure if Overlord makes the crotch or not... But there seems to be a smaller robot who makes Devs left hand, while Hook makes the left arm.

Before he combined, we see Scrapper or Rampage, beside Longhaul ABOVE the construction site, as well as inside the construction site. So there are some constructicons looking over the combonation, who look like they are there to help just in case or whatever.

So, there are at least 4 Long Haul's in the movie. One turns into a foot, one helps revive megs, one is watching Devs, and one gets the shit bombed out of him trying to recover Sam.

11. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

That's the dumbest thing I have heard. That right there shows you how messed up this movie was.

Don't make all these robots if it makes the movie too expensive to be good. Use less robots and make the transformation and fight scenes longer.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    There seemed to be two sets of Constructicons. Personally I would have preferred Devs to be made up of different Robots, but this didn't seem to be the case in ROTF.

When Devastator combined under Megs command, each vehicle was never shown to have a Robot mode.
    I don't know if Nizzi designed Scrapper or Rampage, but these Robots needed to be shown to the public both fans, and non-fans in Transformers:ROTF! And Longhaul looks great in his CGI and toy, but we hardly got to know him.
    So either duplicates or not, we NEED THEM IN TF3 ASAP!!

13. Revan

Revan Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Moy, I think there was doubles of all the Constructicons. During the fist half hour Demolisher was killed by Prime. He formed Devastators torso, Mixmaster was the head. But Jetfire, I believe kills him. BB take out a red Rampage, while a yellow one forms Devs leg. And 2 Long Hauls, one forming Devs other leg, and one trying to get Sam. Maybe someone should ask Orci, in his questions thread.

14. exillion21

exillion21 Well-Known Member

It was a joke by soundwave, he gave them all duplicate forms to shit them up.

15. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The movie is trying to be true to the toys by filling it up with repaints.

16. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Some of them weren't even repaints. Hoorah for army building!

17. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    At least 9 Constructicons formed Devastator in the movie :
    Hightower and Long Haul are parked.
    Comes Overload, Mixmaster, and Scavenger and they park beside Hightower.
    A Scrapper joins them.
    So lined up are Overload, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Scavenger and Hightower.
    Comes another Long Haul and Rampage over the ridge so you now have all 7.
    Parked Long Haul also transforms. This is number 8.
    Once Devastator is formed, he adds another Scrapper for a left hand. This is number 9.
    So basically, Devastator can use more constructicons if they are available and 7 seems to be the minimum.
    Long Haul is 2x longer than Rampage so it would make more sense in the movie to use 2 Long Hauls for the legs, but the details for the transformation of Overload and the legs are less clear. In the movie Long Haul is a giant robot and also a long vehicle like Overload and is 2x longer than the Rampage vehicle.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    How can we get the writers and Michael to acknowledge the Constructicons for our sequel, besides the "Orci you may ask questions thread". These characters are iconic, and w/ much potential in toy sales.

19. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

You are assuming that the cons that made up devistator had any names at all. You also assume that the doubles had names at all.

did starscream have about a gazillion doubles in the G1 toon? where they all called star scream?

I rest my case.

20. Hooligan

Hooligan Active Member

Maybe the toy is more accurate than we thought.

Unless I missed it, it seemed like the vehicles that formed Devestator were construction vehicles that were part of one consciousness and didn't have any other robot form aside from being a part of Devestator.

And the other set of Constructicons were regular Decepticons.

But all the Constructicons felt like they were very drone like, so its possible that the Decepticons have like a whole army of them at their disposal that serve as foot soldiers.