Constructicons are HUGE!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I mean that literally! Today I was driving into town to have breakfast with Dad. There is construction going on at the intersection where our favorite restaurant is located. Driving past the construction site, I noticed several vehicles including some huge "Power Shovel" thing that looked exactly like the Constructicon Scavanger. Almost same color too.
    Anyway, I was studying it as we were waiting at the traffic light and I imagined this thing transforming in front of my eyes and standing 20-30 some odd feet or whatever. Just the size of one Constructicon like that made me think of how big a real life Devestator would be.
    It makes me also think why they chose Long Haul and Hook as the main body of Devestator. When you look at what Long Haul is supposed to be, one of those massive, massive Earth Movers, and Hook a huge rolling crain, you really appreciate the size Devestator would be in real life. Just a massive, massive robot.
    Kind of makes you fear of construction vehicles now doesn't it? LOL! Anyway, next time your at a construction sight and you see one of these vehicles, you'll know what I mean.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I love contrsuction vehicles. I've never seen any lime green ones, but if I do I'll certainly be impressed.

3. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They use lime green ones here in San Jose! There is a Bulldozer that was driving by my job one day, and it had a purple decepticon emblem on the cab! One of the coolest things I'd ever seen.

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I am totally fine with orange or yellow vehicles, but I agree, the Constructicons, if existing in the Quadwal universe, would be fucking terrifying. ESPECIALLY the Bayformers version.

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    My daughter would sooooo buy into that....

6. Tigertrack

It wasn't green however, it was more of a dirty yellow. But still same model that Scavanger was, and that was awesome in its self.

7. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

Thats awesome!

8. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I have seen green ones before. And yes. I think most people think Long haul is just a dump truck. Hes massive!

9. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

i saw a construticon green one while driving home. i did a double take wishing it would transform.

long haul.

liebherr t282

[​IMG]

caterpillar 797B

[​IMG]

terex titan

[​IMG]

10. Tigertrack

Yep, that's Long Haul alright. And that's why he is the main body of Devestator as I believe he's the largest of the Constructicons group. Hook would be second and thus probably makes for a great topper.
    I still prefer G1 Devestator over Bay's Devestator any day. However, it was cool to see Devestator in the movie no matter how he was presented.

11. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

G1 takes the cake. i would LOVE to see classics line take this on and have 6 deluxe figures form the new G1 version of devastator. how friggin awesome would that be? and huge!

12. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    As someone who has a background in construction, yes they would be very massive.

There is actually a construction company in the town that I live in, that has a full set of the 6 vehicles that G1 Devastator is based off of, in lime green with purple accents and all sporting Decepticon emblems.

They man that owns the company only uses them on the really big and important jobs, I've only seen them twice in the last 10 years and both times I had my magnetic Autobot emblem on the car that I was driving, which was kind of funny.

13. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I always thought the constructicons were out of scale for the rest of their contemporaneous toys released. I have always dreamed of takara releasing a oversized devastator. I guess this is why by the time they were released there were so many few decepticon characters, because the ones already existed were so big and powerful or transformed into war machines that they overpowered the autobots, and the autobots could only rely on being more in number to balance the situation.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I do have one thing to add though... the original G1 Constructicons are mostly based on smaller types of construction vehicles, probably based on those that would have been seen on urban construction sites in Japan when the molds were designed. They aren't anywhere near the size of the machines used in ROTF. One giveaway is the relative size of the cabs, which gives you a sense of the human scale. Only Long Haul is a truly giant earth mover, which makes him a little out of scale with the others on his team.

Of course, even these smaller types of construction vehicles are pretty big, so if you were keeping the scales consistent, any Constructicon would still certainly be considerably larger than any Autobot car... though they might not be as big as a Seeker (F15's are huge!).

zmog

15. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Actually movie Long Haul turns into a far smaller dump truck than those giants posted on the previous page, otherwise he'd be almost the size of Demolisher.

16. Tigertrack

Remember folks, scale means absolute shit in G1.

That said, the "Scavanger" I saw the other day was big and his robot mode would've been pretty huge as well. Without seeing the Japanese construction vehicles of the early 80's, it would be hard to compare them to the ones we have today.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Fixed. :D 

18. morgan1194

morgan1194 kitbasher

holy crap, ive seen that bulldozer too!!!!

19. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    PLEASE take some pictures of these things next time!!! o__o

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I suspected he did, since dump trucks do come in all sorts of sizes... but compared to the other G1 Constructicons, I think he's still a little off-scale with the rest of his team.

Well, I was using the era as an example, especially since a lot of vehicles in Japan are made smaller, but you can still see the smaller ones on construction sites across North America. They don't use the really big ones for most urban construction due to space. When you think about the scoops, bulldozers, and cranes you see most often in city locations, they're usually much smaller than the ones seen in ROTF.

I mean, just for example, check out the relative human scale compared to most of the common construction vehicles pictured on this site
    http://eng.gikstroy.ru/Proper-equipment/

That said, they'd still be big... bigger than most Autobots, certainly.

zmog