Constructicons and Devastator SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Devastator and the Constructicons are separate robots. That explains why they had individual robots sold separately in Deluxe and Voyagers and Supreme Devastator is only transformable with just non robot construction machines.

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    If vehicles can transform to combine as Devastator, I would assume these same vehicles also have the power to transform to robots. The movie just did not have enough time to show that all the Constructicon vehicles can transform to robots. The vehicle mode came from protoforms who transformed so transforming from vehicle mode to robot mode should also be possible.

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Either way, it does justify buying both sets of Constructicons...

4. iamamachine

News Credits:
    The $100 Devastator is not movie accurate bec. it is missing Overload and it has a double size Scavenger upside down. The $100 Devastator toy has the scoop arm folded in the scrotum area. The $100 Devastator has the wrong transformation for Scavenger and is different from the movie.
    In the movie, Scavenger splits his scoop arm to form the shoulders just like in the Legends Devastator.

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think maybe you missed some news from Botcon. Devvy is not made up of a set number of constructicons; hence his configuration can be different based on how many are merging. This was clearly pointed out at Botcon. I don't think you can say X robot goes in a certain place on Devvy; it's a matter of who is available. This would lend itself to the idea that both the $100 Devvy as well as the legends are accurate.

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I was actually going to say the same thing. Still won't get the set.

7. iamamachine

News Credits:
    The $100 Devastator is accurate having only 6 vehicles but it is not movie accurate which has Overload in the lower torso. In the $100 Devastator, the Scavenger is double sized to compensate for the missing Overload. The transformation of Scavenger in the $100 Devastator is not the same as in the movie and the legends Devastator. In the movie and legends Devastator, the scoop arm splits into 2 to form the 2 shoulders and part of the 2 arms. Therefore, the $100 Devastator is not movie accurate. The $100 Devastator is also not accurate bec. the vehicles are sort of handicapped and cannot transform into robots. The most serious problem with the $100 Devastator is that it is missing Overload which we clearly see is part of the movie Devastator. The missing Overload has also caused the $100 Devastator to have a movie inaccurate transformation for Scavenger.

Maybe Hasbro should also sell a $100 soundwave toy that does not transform to robot since in the movie, you also don't see Soundwave as a robot.

8. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No it doesn't.

Hasbro has stated that the $100 Devastator lacks robot modes because the toy creators willingly chose to omit them in order to make a better combined mode, even though it's an inaccuracy. According, to them, they would have included them if they had figured out a way to make it look good. It wasn't a deliberate decision.

9. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    also missing the giant testicles

10. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

not only did i post this two days ago on the toy forum also today on the subject of the transformers movie.

THe vehicles are NOT senitient beings individually. Devastator is just to large of a Transformer to have a single alt form. I mean what whould he be ..... A building lol.

Devastator is taking the alt concept and splitting it into seperate alts that combine for him to form.

If you ask me its lazy Bullsh#@ writing or the Directors choice to do so. Not to mention lets just say they horribley edited the movie ( i know a stretch right ) then this we be an easy out for them as to why after they combine that you see the individual TF's still running around.

Devastator suckedin the movie IMO il conceived design and re-imagining. Devastator added nothing to the plot and was so easily removed from the movie it was laughable