Heavy/Scratch: Constructicon: Grinder...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Stormvapor, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Decepticon Grinder
    Sub-group: Constructicons
    Function: Warrior
    Motto: I will not rest 'till All are Dust!
    Strength:8
    Speed:3
    Intelligence:5
    Skill:6
    Firepower:7
    Profile: A thorough beast on the battlefield, the Decepticon Grinder is readily "let loose" into the fray by Megatron... A task he does will much gusto. Though he is a Constructicon, he's one of the few among them who cannot combine to form the super-weapon Devastator. His alternate mode as an asphalt milling machine or cold planer allows him a way to really jam up the mainly ground based Autobots by ripping up the roads. In Robot mode he uses his milling conveyor as an electro-magnetic sling or catapult, as well as wields an energon sword. Grinder can also deploy his wheels on his legs as "skates" to give him added mobility, ofter surprising his foes with his agility for such a large frame. The wheels on his arms can be deployed and act as a grinding wheel, by which he uses upon anything he can grab.
    Enjoy Mates:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Pretty neat man. I love a good fan character, especially when they're not Mary sues. I think this would be 100 times cooler if you painted him though.

3. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I totally agree. The upside down 'con symbol throws it all off. Otherwise its a really neat idea. I like how he's not over powered or has some super weapon and such, seems nice and balanced. well done.

4. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I like the upside down symbol.It plays hell on the eyes.

5. Stormvapor

Thanks mates, he will be painted, and probably not green :) 

6. darktremere

darktremere G1 Fanatic

Very nice.

I've been watching all of the construction going on in my area and picturing some of the different construction vehicles as additional constructicons. I never pictured the milling machine as a Transformer, very original.

7. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

i like the colors that he is already,imo flip the con symbol. i really like your back story for him too.

8. Stormvapor

maybe instead of repainting him totally, perhaps I'll opt some washes and make some dirt and rusting effects

the upside-down insignia will actually be covered with some armour plating (the original figure had the insignia that way...eh go figure huh...

LOL that it does mate, but it will be changed lol
    Ever since I first saw one in real life I was blown by them, and IMO asphalt milling machines would be an awesome alt mode for any tfer even Dinobot Sludge (you know if he didn't have a dinobot mode) as a military-type version seeing as they just look so much like an animal.

Like I was saying I might compromise here and opt for some washes and dry-brush weathering. Thanks for the comment on the backstory too, I try to have some feel for the character I am trying to create.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering the character was created by using the legs of the target versions of the energon Build King characters of hook, and longhaul. if you look at his transformation to vehicle, he is actually using a leg and an arm as the front and the back of the vehicle. the "conveyor" was totally scratch-built and attached via the connection from Build-King.

Thanks mates

9. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Very nice idea man! Will you be painting him?

10. Stormvapor

yes mate, some aspect of painting will be occurring ;)