COnstructacon Toy Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by whitewolfe313, Apr 13, 2009.

1. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

SO, I do not understand, I have seen devastator and the individually sold constructions. I have heard mixed things. are there figures that transform into individual robots and different ones that transform into devastator? I thought they would be like G! in that you could buy them in a set or individually but that they would all become vehicle, robot and then leg or chest or arm ETC. can someone tell me what is what. I want devastator but I do not want to buy every guy twice.

P.S. sorry if this is a repeat thread. Could not find another one.

2. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

You can buy the bots/vehicles individually, and they dont combine; or you can buy Devastator, and he doesn't break down. Those are your choices. Personally, I think that sucks, but whatever.

3. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

I thought Dev did break down, but a few pieces only turned into vehicles and did not have robot modes (cement truck, crane, etc)

I'm not too clear on it either though.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    There will be individually sold Constructicons that have vehicle modes and robot modes. They will be sold at the various price points (i.e. Rampage as a deluxe and Mixmaster as a voyager). There will also be a set sold, that is packaged as Devastator that can be broken down into the individual vehicle modes of the Constructicons, but they do not have robot modes of their own.

5. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

That is crap. I guess I will not be purchasing either. I love the movies, but the toys just do not match the transformer lore very well. They are very stylized for movie and are fun to watch, but as far as toys go they suck! Animated is the best toy line for stability and not breaking all apart as you transform them.

6. Wolfbrother

Wolfbrother Asha'man

Shouldn't this be in the toy forum, rather than the movie forum?

7. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that officially sucks

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That means I'd have to buy 12 Constructicons instead of 6.
    If that's true, that's a freekin' scam and I'm not buying any of them in that case.

9. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

That is it defanatly a marketing scam so you will have to spend more money for the best figure of the line.

10. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

I mean, from what I read and heard of the promo material; that's how it is. I could most definitely be wrong. You can get the sick, huge, mad detailed devastator toy. Or the sick sweet detailed individual bots.

again, could be wrong.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    nice and easy answer-you can buy Devastator who breaks down into various construction vehicles, or the individual Constructicons, who have alt and bot modes but do not combine.

there's also an FAB/Cyber Stomper version type of thing where it lies down on its belly and maybe move a piece or 2 around to have a bunch of construction vehicles in a group moving forwards

12. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

I know you don't like the idea of buying every guy twice, but then, there are some collectors out there, like me, who are more than likely going to do so, lol. Its just like when Animated came out with Longarm Prime/Shockwave. Soon as I spot that toy out here, I'm grabbing 2 of him. One for Longarm Prime, the other for Shockwave mode. And I'll do it when I find a Target store nearby, so I can have the same two but in a purple scheme. Anyways, back on topic, lol, personally if I were in your shoes, I'd just buy the big whopping Devvy and be done with it. And depending on your skills, you can always customize the vehicles to transform into the bots AND combine. I have a funny feeling it'll be done by someone on here anyways.