considering joining the Transformers Collector's Club

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Yeah, so looking at their site I see that 3rd class US mail is $40 and 1st class is 62. What's the difference? I don't even know the difference between 1st and 3rd class mail aside from Transformers.

What's the deal?

And is it worth the money to join? I probably won't get any of the exclusive figures other than the freebies, but I want to be, like, you know...in the club...with all the cool people. :wink: 

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It's worth it if you plan on buying any of the exclusives and/or plan on attending Botcon. Otherwise it depends on how much enjoyment you get out of the newsletter. 1st Class mail gets you the newsletter quicker.

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:

$22!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm also considering joining for the Seacons, but international will add £45/$89 to their price for me, although I'm aiming to be at next years Botcon, plenty of time to save for the no doubt exorbitant air fare (way things are going, jet fuel will have quintupled by then, it's doubled in the last year alone!).

4. luke4

luke4 crocon

i was thinking of joining to... so does first class only get the newsletter faster or do i need that for the exclusive toys too? and would i hav to join between jan 1 and march 15 2009 to get that free toy?

i ask too much....

5. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

I'll be joining soon. Too many exclusives I want - that and I'll be going to Botcon anyway, so it pays for itself.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You'll get a free toy regardless of when you join. But your join date determines which toy you get. The first class will ship the free toy and the newsletter quicker. Everything else is pay-per-item shipping.

7. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1st class mail = Newsletter sent the 1st of the month
    3rd class mail = Newsletter sent the 11th or 14th of the month (basically at a later time)

Personally, I like the club. Can't say I use their site all that much but as time has gone by they've been adding more TF material that's exclusive for club members. Various fictions, their tech specs for minicons, etc. They still have a lot to improve upon but all in all it's not bad.

Plus the staff is first rate (even if almost all the toys get delayed). Then again I try be a patient person so delays like that or waiting for something typically doesn't bother me as much as some other people.

8. luke4

luke4 crocon

thanx man.

9. Autobot X

Yeah, thanks guys. I wish I had joined years ago so I would have all the clear combiner limbs. As it is (and correct me if I'm wrong), I'd get the center chest piece for free and then have to buy the other for for $120. Eesh. Talk about procrastination damnation.

10. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    Actually, if you buy them all at once($20 a piece for members) you can get the most out of shipping which is $13, so it would only be $93:thumbs2: 

11. Autobot X

Oh...I thought they were 30 a piece. Hey, that's good news. All I need now is to convince my wife. Oh wait...damn.:cry 

12. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Anyone from outside of US who's a member?

I don't think I ll ever make it to a Botcon anytime soon. Are the perks for Botcon attendances transferable?

13. luke4

luke4 crocon

do canadians hav to pay for first class... ? can i get third class?

14. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I actually just let my membership run out *doh*, I'm definatly gonna rejoin here in the next few weeks. I've gotta get those Seacon repaints and finish off the club combiner... no sense in having "3 out of 5" of the figures. If I join now I'll get next years figure for free and I'll just order the one I missed this year when I order ma Seacons to save on the shipping. All win baby, all win!

Oh yea, it's definatly worth joining if you plan on buying any of the exclusives, just for the amount of money you'll save from getting them directly from the club rather than going the eBay route. I snagged the Astrotrain exclusive back in Feb. and it was well worth it, plus I cought it on sale so I saved even more. The newsletter to me though... *meh* I joined for the toys.