Considering buying a PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mrhillz, Jun 9, 2011.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Well, first of all I ALREADY HAVE A 360, so I already have access to some of the really good games out there. I was thinking about getting one for some of the exclusive titles like ratchet & clank, twisted metal, a few of the Jrpgs, etc. What else is good that's exclusive that I haven't mentioned above? I doubt I'll get MGS4 (sorry bradders), I don't really feel like sitting through a 3 hour movie disguised as a game.

2. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    If you don't plan on owning Uncharted 1 and 2 don't even bother buying the PS3.

3. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

What about killzone? Those are pretty good.

4. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I disagree. I didn't really enjoy those games and I welcome the backlash from my statement.

However, I love advocating for the PS3. I feel it's the system I've gotten the most enjoyment from since my SNES. The little black box has taken over my entertainment center. My wife and I use it in some form every day. It's been the only "multi-media" electronic that I've ever actually taken advantage of that kind of thing with.

I find most games that are worth playing end up on both systems. System exclusives rarely matter to me. That being said, I've found that Blue Ray and getting to see games like FFXIII in 1080p DOES matter to me.

The system is such a great work horse for media, but I'm doing a lousy job of selling you on it due to games. Other people REALLY like Uncharted. So, if that kind of game is for you, go for it.

One thing I should mention is that I have an old 60 gig system, so I still play a lot of PS2 games on it. I would recommend finding a refurb 60 gig, but that's just me.

5. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Coming from an Xbox, I think the best exclusives you can get are:

Demon's Souls- An action rpg from Japan that is considered by some to be one of the most difficult and best games of this generation. Don't let the rumored difficulty scare you away. This really is an very fun and rewarding game, and it is not too difficult once you figure out how to do things in a way that wont get you instantly killed.

The Uncharted series- An excellent action/platformer/adventure game. Very fun and cinematic. Both games are very fun and do a excellent job at showing how powerful the PS3 is.

Little Big Planet- Either LBP 1 or 2. A fun side scrolling game with lots of physics and interaction. The controls are a bit floaty, and the user made levels are very often not that great, but as far as I know, there is nothing like this on any other console.

7. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    No God of War love yet???

Kratos will make you pay for that! :D 

8. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    When he presses "X" ....you Die! :D 

9. darkunor

darkunor Banned

If you're not into the blue-ray thing nor are you looking to get it for a particular game exclusive to it then avoid like the plague. It's really overpriced and it's so laggy it's ridiculous, it's no wonder why the online is free! True the graphics are superior to the 360's but the difference is negligable and not enough to warrant the extra amount of money, blue-ray and all ,IMO, I own both consoles!

10. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    God of War series, Uncharted, MGS4, because everyone should experiance that amazing game, LittleBigPlanet, and the inFamous series.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    No RROD?

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd recommend the PS3 if your looking to switch systems, otherwise, what's the point?

Do you have enough free time to play all the exclusives from two different systems?

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The PS3 is one of the best investments I've ever made. You will not regret it.

14. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love my PS3. LBP and LBP2 are some of the best games I have ever played.

15. deadinthewater

deadinthewater I like it here

People have said most of all the good full-priced games, but some of the psn-exclusive downloadable games are great, too. Dead Nation, Pain, and Echochrome are all pretty fun games, and they are cheaper than retail games.

16. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    My original release PS3 we out a few weeks ago. I got the YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death - PS3 version) (I was having power problems and then gradually went out - I think it started when there was a bad lightning storm and one struck near the house while it was on.)

I'm picking up a new one tomorrow. So that didn't deviate me to go elsewhere.

My brother has an Xbox that I play frequently. (games that I don't have) I've found that between the two, the PS3 is the easier to operate. It's more user friendly. The XMB is the perfect layout for the menus.

I love the PS3! The best investment I've ever made. Go for it.

EDIT: Do I even have to mention that online play is FREE?!?!? ;) 

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    My PS3 is a beast when it comes to movies and media.My 3 360's got all the gaming time till a few months ago.(one is dead, another is a non HDMI dinosaur and the other is a new slim)

I just miss the PS2 backwards compatibility on my 80G model:mad 

Another gripe is the long update and DL times.(my 360 updates in half the time)

18. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    This might sound stupid, but as an owner of both consoles, I'll often download arcade/downloadable games to my 360 when given the choice because I know it will take half the time my PS3 does to do the same thing.

In fact, the general lag and online slowness are about the only negative thing I can say about my PS3. Really both consoles are awesome, and if a brother can swing it, I will always say--GET BOTH.

19. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    You just answered your own question.

20. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Like most said, if you feel you have too much time and money on hand go for it. If not then why bother?