Cons versus Bots : who's the best?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwave142, Apr 2, 2012.

1. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    From watching prime It is easy to notice the different fighting techniques that each main character has. Optimus and megatron have a similar fighting style using there quickness and fast powerful moves with brute strength. Bulkhead and The former Hammer pirate were just brutes. running senseless at their opponents and pounding them with their blunt weapons. Rachet seem to look for the quickness way to disable his foe by slicing off apendages and knocking out enemies. Arcee uses her speed to force harder attacks while dealing quick deadly blows. From soundwave one fight he seems to be fairly strong and extremely fast. knockout is a capable fighter and uses a fighting techniques similar to bumblebee's boxing style yet take advantage of his energon staff with care. airachnid uses a ninja style similar to arcee while relying on her many abilities. The vehicons seem to usually not do well but I like to think that some are capable fighters. So what you guys think about the fighting styles ?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dreadwing would be my favorite character if he had a scottish accent and an eyepatch. I like how he uses bombs.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

As I am uncertain who's my favorite main guy right now, I'm gonna go with the Vehicon who smashed Bumblebees head into the ground with his foot. I wish all Vehicons were good fighters like him and his partner. One gets the feeling that was written for Knockout and Breakdown but got changed to generics after deciding to save KO & BD for later.

Or is this a, which faction would win thread? In which case, I think the Decepticons finally achieved stability in the last ep and might be able to do some shit now.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

On the styles, I'd say:

'Cons:
    - Breakdown [RIP]: Heavy-hitter of the Hulk-Style, who likes to launch people backwards with punches and throw stuff at them, and then smashing them to pieces with his hammer once they're subdued.
    Advantages: Uses the enviroment well, avoid much physical contact.
    Misadvantages: Can be very easily used against him [like Airachinid did], doesn't work very well in enclosed spaces.

- Knockout: Gadget-fighter, he never actually uses his fists, but relies on his weaponry [his Energon Staff, his surgical saw on his hand] to save himself.
    Advantages: Can finish the enemy before he can retalite and get him off-guard [Optimus].
    Misadvantages: If the enemy manage to outmaneuver his gadgets, he'll be doomed.

- Soundwave: Fortress-fighter, the elaborated version of the gadget one, he moves very little across the fight, giving few but decisive blows, relying on his technical tricks to win [like Laserbeak], rarely dodges.
    Advantages: Works well in both enclosed and open spaces, impenetrable defense.
    Misadvantages: If the mechanical trick is shot down, he'll have no means of attacking.

- Airachinid: Trap-fighter/octopus fighter, relies on a series of elaborated sabotages and traps to her foes [mostly involving her webs], and when the fight gets hand-to-hand, she uses her multi-arms to great effect.
    Advantages: Makes her win against foes who are actually much stronger than her [Breakdown and Arcee].
    Misadvantages: Relies too much on open space and requires preparation/very quick thinking.

- Megatron: Mixed Fighter, combines powerful punches, heavy gunfire and brutal slashes with his blade. The ultimate warrior.
    Advantages: Quickly overwhelms the enemy with a barrage of fire, very hard to dodge/defend.
    Misadvantages: It makes dodging harder for the user [as you can see, both Optimus and Megatron usually shot down or block what's trying to hit them, instead of dodging].

- Dreadwing: Trap-fighter, relying on his bombs to outmaneuver the Autobots.
    Already covered in Airachinid.

Autobots:
    - Bulkhead: heavy hitter of the Avalanche style, using slow but devastating blows that ravage the enemy's body until he is nothing but dust. Also fond of maiming his foe when the blows don't cut.
    Advantages: Will wreck the enemy within seconds, or at least cripple him.
    Misadvantages: Extremely low defenses, specially to grapples.

- Ratchet: Small-scale Mixed figther, combing superficial but quick and painful slashes to maim his foe with kicks to damage and throw off his balance.
    Advantages: Works like a charm against multiple enemies.
    Misadvantages: Not that well against one alone, prolongs the fight for more than it should.

- Bumblebee: Good and ol' fistcufs, relying on a combination of well-aimed, devastating punches and swift dodges.
    Advantages: Balanced. Good defense and strong attack. Works on both closed and open spaces.
    Misadvantage: A bit of a Hell if there's too many enemies or if the enemy is too resistant.

- Arcee: Fragile speedster, swift jumps and acrobatics, punching him by all sides until he falls, sometimes using grapples on enemy's joints.
    Advantages: Swift. Quick. Hard to hit. Able to make even the tallest enemy crumble of a death of a thousand cuts.
    Misadvantages: Too fragile [one solid hit and the entire style crumbles because the user can't jump anymore], cripples itself on closed spaces, and makes the user tired.

- Optimus: Exactly the same as Megatron.

- Wheeljack: Devastating storm of attacks with swords with finish moves of firepower, sometimes using grapples.
    Advantages: Quick. Unpredictable. Hard to defend and hard to attack.
    Misadvantages: Fragile style [if the user is knocked off his balance, his entire style will crumble for he will open a hole in his sudden barrage of attacks, giving the enemy the channce to act], unprotected lower body, reliance on weapons.

It is remarkable that the 'Cons [with the exception of Breakdown and maybe Megatron] seem to be less close-quarter focused, using tricks to win the fight, while the Autobots are more inclined to close-quarter.

Who's best is a hard question, generally speaking, the gadgetery of the 'Cons is generally more reliable, but it's a kill or die thing [if it works, complete victory, if it fails, total failure] but the close-quarter specialty of the 'Bots is devastating and less risky.

I'd say both have their advantages.

Individually, I'd say Megatron is my favorite, his combination of close-quarter, long-ranged and sword slashes is simply perfect, almost impossible to outmaneuver.

5. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    Airachnid hands down. Bitch mode: activated 24/7

6. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I agree with the both of you %100 :3 megzy n airachnid r boss after crossfire Lol

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Seaspray. I'm sure Dreadwing blew him up because he was so badass that he was scared of him.

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Overlord Balder wins the thread.

Anyway, I'd probably vote for Megatron as the best. Thus far, only Optimus and the Insecticon have been capable of challenging him. He's got a good record of victory under his belt